Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Job Interview, Good sign? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Basically I went to the second round of the interview process and met with a couple of employees within the business. Initially, I struggled a bit in terms of confidence (mainly due to my young age and lack of work experience), but then as the interview went on I was able to gain my composure.

I was grilled and at one point, I honestly thought it was all over. I even second guessed myself and felt I didn't belong there, and in this day and age it is VERY HARD to predict what the interviewer is thinking.

However, to my surprise, the HR contact got back to me within an hour and told me that the feedback was so positive that they wanted me to come to the final round tomorrow. Initially, I tried pushing it back a bit but then I agreed to it. I was told to bring my passport to the final round.

Is this a very good sign that I got the job?

ReputationRep:
    Well, you're definitely in with a shot if you have got this far so congratulations.

Asking for passport could be just to speed things up, such as DBS checks, if they do offer you the job. It is no sure guarantee that you have got the job.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    It does sound positive however not guaranteed. Good luck.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaGlypta)
    Well, you're definitely in with a shot if you have got this far so congratulations.

Asking for passport could be just to speed things up, such as DBS checks, if they do offer you the job. It is no sure guarantee that you have got the job.
    Thanks.

But if anything, it is a very good sign right? Given that, they got back top me so so quickly. I've never in my experience had someone invite me to the next round so quickly - except the time when I was offered a job at one of my previous employments straight away

Should I just be myself again in this round? I'm meeting with the managing director and HR.

I'm not too sure about the HR interview, but I've expressed my interest throughout the process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    It does sound positive however not guaranteed. Good luck.
    Sure, I guess that is understandable.

I guess the managing director has to give their seal of approval and HR have to be happy with me.

The HR contact really likes me so far, but obviously due to bias they can't interview me

What strategy or game should I take with me tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I think we can only restate what's already been said, that is positive that you got a call back but again not guaranteed.

Try not to walk in there thinking you have bagged the job, this could unintentional affect your performance. Without any other information on what the job role is I can't offer any advice on strategy or techniques.

If you don't get the outcome you want remember to ask for feedback and take it as a positive that you were able to reach that stage in the interview process!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaGlypta)
    I think we can only restate what's already been said, that is positive that you got a call back but again not guaranteed.

Try not to walk in there thinking you have bagged the job, this could unintentional affect your performance. Without any other information on what the job role is I can't offer any advice on strategy or techniques.

If you don't get the outcome you want remember to ask for feedback and take it as a positive that you were able to reach that stage in the interview process!
    For sure!

The job market is looking a lot more promising now, then it did in 2017. If anything, I've lined up other job applications and have other potential interviews if I don't get this.

The only good that has come from all of this, is that I have restored myself with a lot of faith and confidence. I can at least proudly say to myself that my C.V is fine and that I am in hot demand.

ReputationRep:
    Any tips and advice for this final round?

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.