Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Basically I went to the second round of the interview process and met with a couple of employees within the business. Initially, I struggled a bit in terms of confidence (mainly due to my young age and lack of work experience), but then as the interview went on I was able to gain my composure.

I was grilled and at one point, I honestly thought it was all over. I even second guessed myself and felt I didn't belong there, and in this day and age it is VERY HARD to predict what the interviewer is thinking.

However, to my surprise, the HR contact got back to me within an hour and told me that the feedback was so positive that they wanted me to come to the final round tomorrow. Initially, I tried pushing it back a bit but then I agreed to it. I was told to bring my passport to the final round.

Is this a very good sign that I got the job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newmanlife)
    Hi,

Basically I went to the second round of the interview process and met with a couple of employees within the business. Initially, I struggled a bit in terms of confidence (mainly due to my young age and lack of work experience), but then as the interview went on I was able to gain my composure.

I was grilled and at one point, I honestly thought it was all over. I even second guessed myself and felt I didn't belong there, and in this day and age it is VERY HARD to predict what the interviewer is thinking.

However, to my surprise, the HR contact got back to me within an hour and told me that the feedback was so positive that they wanted me to come to the final round tomorrow. Initially, I tried pushing it back a bit but then I agreed to it. I was told to bring my passport to the final round.

Is this a very good sign that I got the job?
    No, it’s a confirmation that you have got a final round interview.

Your chances of being offered the job are obviously stronger, but it doesn’t mean you have got it right now.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    No, it’s a confirmation that you have got a final round interview.

Your chances of being offered the job are obviously stronger, but it doesn’t mean you have got it right now.
    Fair enough. I suspect that it is between myself and someone else.

That being said, I've maintained a very good relationship with the HR contact there and any colleague I've come across.

They seem desperate to interview me quickly by the looks of it, because I tried asking for an interview next week, to which they said their team are away for the week. They literally told me to come tomorrow and I said it was fine, which it was

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. I suspect that it is between myself and someone else.

That being said, I've maintained a very good relationship with the HR contact there and any colleague I've come across.

They seem desperate to interview me quickly by the looks of it, because I tried asking for an interview next week, to which they said their team are away for the week. They literally told me to come tomorrow and I said it was fine, which it was
    They might have already interviewed the other candidate(s) and your the last one in the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    They might have already interviewed the other candidate(s) and your the last one in the process.
    Possibly.

All I know is that the person interviewing me tomorrow (the managing director) is a very busy man. I was supposed to meet him today, but apparently he couldn't make it.

Any tips of advice for this round? I'm still in two minds about the job, but then that's my anxiety playing up as I've been out of a job for four months. Is it normal for them to tell you to bring your passport?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly.

All I know is that the person interviewing me tomorrow (the managing director) is a very busy man. I was supposed to meet him today, but apparently he couldn't make it.

Any tips of advice for this round? I'm still in two minds about the job, but then that's my anxiety playing up as I've been out of a job for four months. Is it normal for them to tell you to bring your passport?
    Then it sounds more like this is actually a second half of the previous interview where you didn’t get to see the M.D. and they have the final sign off on who gets the job.

Yes, very normal to ask for a passport. They have to check your right to work in the Uk and could be fined if they didn’t before you started the job. It makes sense to ask for it now, so that there isn’t any hiccups/delays should they decide to offer you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Then it sounds more like this is actually a second half of the previous interview where you didn’t get to see the M.D. and they have the final sign off on who gets the job.

Yes, very normal to ask for a passport. They have to check your right to work in the Uk and could be fined if they didn’t before you started the job. It makes sense to ask for it now, so that there isn’t any hiccups/delays should they decide to offer you.
    Yeah I guess that is understandable.

I knew that for sure that in the final round, it would purely be HR involved. The HR contact did stress to me that they really liked me and I had to even speak to someone senior who worked there for more than 23 years. He seemed to somewhat sell the company to me and most likely gave the all clear for the next round.

In any case, I'm very young at the end of the day. If I get it, GREAT. If not, I'll move on.

It all happens for a reason, but I'm quietly confident that I've secured it, given their urgency too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess that is understandable.

I knew that for sure that in the final round, it would purely be HR involved. The HR contact did stress to me that they really liked me and I had to even speak to someone senior who worked there for more than 23 years. He seemed to somewhat sell the company to me and most likely gave the all clear for the next round.

In any case, I'm very young at the end of the day. If I get it, GREAT. If not, I'll move on.

It all happens for a reason, but I'm quietly confident that I've secured it, given their urgency too.
    I don’t want to burst your bubble, but the urgency is not likely to be because of you. The urgency will be their availability and their need to get someone in the job quickly. That doesn’t mean it is you.

Good luck with it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    I don’t want to burst your bubble, but the urgency is not likely to be because of you. The urgency will be their availability and their need to get someone in the job quickly. That doesn’t mean it is you.

Good luck with it though.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How should I proceed with this final stage?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by J-SP)
    I don’t want to burst your bubble, but the urgency is not likely to be because of you. The urgency will be their availability and their need to get someone in the job quickly. That doesn’t mean it is you. Good luck with it though.
    Thanks
    OP Unfortunately J-SP is absolutely right about this. They need to find someone urgently and that's why they're needing to interview people right now. However this doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be you; hence the final interview.

Also, a couple of interviews with the same company for the same job are actually the norm, especially when the Managing Director isn't there in the first (few) set(s).
    I have personally experienced this when I was job-searching (post-uni blues). My situation was I met with the Business Development Manager of a company. Story short she was very pleased with my interview, but because she wasn't the business owner, she had to speak to the Director about inviting me to a potential final interview.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.