Keto dilemma Watch

Nerdcubed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi all,

I just started a ketogenic diet a couple of days ago. I've been eating very cleanly and closely monitoring my macro and micronutrient intake. I'm trying to drop 10kg of body fat. So far, I feel incredible. I feel full of energy and perfectly satiated on sub 2,000 calories. However, my parents are going out tomorrow and giving me Domino's. A large pizza there is close to 400g of carbohydrates which will no doubt replenish my liver glycogen. I'm really worried it will completely refuel my hunger and make dieting again very difficult. Can someone put my mind at ease?
Nerdcubed
Rep:
?
Bump.
GreenBell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Nerdcubed)
Hi all,

I just started a ketogenic diet a couple of days ago. I've been eating very cleanly and closely monitoring my macro and micronutrient intake. I'm trying to drop 10kg of body fat. So far, I feel incredible. I feel full of energy and perfectly satiated on sub 2,000 calories. However, my parents are going out tomorrow and giving me Domino's. A large pizza there is close to 400g of carbohydrates which will no doubt replenish my liver glycogen. I'm really worried it will completely refuel my hunger and make dieting again very difficult. Can someone put my mind at ease?
Why don't you just cook your own food? If you've been eating like that for a few day maybe it's a good idea to shock your body for a bit. If you're trying to lose weight then eating 2000 calories is too much (if you're a girl and not working out especially).
Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi all,

Do you not have any choice about whether you get Domino's or not? You could just eat something out the fridge?
Nerdcubed
Rep:
?
(Original post by GreenBell)
Why don't you just cook your own food? If you've been eating like that for a few day maybe it's a good idea to shock your body for a bit. If you're trying to lose weight then eating 2000 calories is too much (if you're a girl and not working out especially).
On the contrary. I'm an 18 year old male, about 6'2" and 95kg. I do cardio and weight resistance 4 times a week.
Nerdcubed
Rep:
?
Not particularly - my parents leave in the afternoon and my cooking abilities are far from adequate.
GreenBell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
On the contrary. I'm an 18 year old male, about 6'2" and 95kg. I do cardio and weight resistance 4 times a week.
That's okay then. Why does it have to be pizza? There are so many other things you can get that are protein based.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

you're 18 years old, not 8

if you don't like what your parents leave for you russle up something yourself you big baby
Nerdcubed
Rep:
?
Most of the takeaway foods/microwaveable meals I've encountered are quite high in carbohydrates which are what I'm limited to due to my lack of ability to cook. Not to mention, my Sister also really wants Domino's so there's that added temptation watching her eat the stuff. Do you think this is going to knock my hunger control out of whack in the long run or is this just a minor hiccup my body will recover from within a couple of days?
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not particularly - my parents leave in the afternoon and my cooking abilities are far from adequate.
Hi. Sorry I don't know much about this diet, but it's not hard to cook a basic meal for yourself. Maybe have some pasta and beans or a jacket potato or pick up some microwave soup in the day tomorrow?

But if you only started this diet a couple of days ago I'm guessing you got used to it pretty quick so a small cheat might not be too bad. I'm pretty sure Domino's have some items like wraps on their menu which might be a bit better for you than pizza.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maker
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Dieters are so tiresome.
Nerdcubed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maker)
Dieters are so tiresome.
Just trying to get lean - nothing wrong with that.
Tiger Rag
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It's only one meal. It's not going to harm you.
Judge Jules
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi all,

It's very simple, Tell your parents NOT to give you Pizza, lol
Judge Jules
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Most of the takeaway foods/microwaveable meals I've encountered are quite high in carbohydrates which are what I'm limited to due to my lack of ability to cook. Not to mention, my Sister also really wants Domino's so there's that added temptation watching her eat the stuff. Do you think this is going to knock my hunger control out of whack in the long run or is this just a minor hiccup my body will recover from within a couple of days?
Tell your sister not to eat it in front of you and go to her room.
Then if you don't see or smell it you won't get tempted.
And it's easy to shove a little chicken fillet breast in the oven or grill which will only take 10 or 15 minutes and make a salad with Pomeigne, lettuce, Tomatoes, onions, cucumber and pour salad cream on top
Judge Jules
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I meant Pomeigne Lettuce
Judge Jules
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I just looked it up, never heard of it before.
Now I know I'll try it myself
https://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (700)
90.91%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (70)
9.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise