Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is this Access course legit? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at access courses through colleges and distance learning, and found one from distancelearningcentre.com called Access to HE English (Humanities).

Of all the courses I've looked into, the only humanities options they offer comes under 'social sciences and humanities', with the course seeming to focus on sociology, psychology, and politics, and very little English modules, except for this one. Hence, I'm wondering if it's a proper course, and whether it'd be accepted by universities. Could anyone give me some advice?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by KoreVictoire)
    I've been looking at access courses through colleges and distance learning, and found one from distancelearningcentre.com called Access to HE English (Humanities).

Of all the courses I've looked into, the only humanities options they offer comes under 'social sciences and humanities', with the course seeming to focus on sociology, psychology, and politics, and very little English modules, except for this one. Hence, I'm wondering if it's a proper course, and whether it'd be accepted by universities. Could anyone give me some advice?
    As far as I know it is legit in that it is a proper Access course, but it would be a good idea to email individual unis and ask them if this specific access course would be acceptable. If you want to study English at uni, this Access course is not ideal because almost half the credits are in Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KoreVictoire)

go to an open day at the uni you want to study at ask the tutors what they would accept to get onto the course sometimes they run a foundation year in the subject they teach, it's just like an access course but you can get full uni funding for it. you just enter at year 0 of the degree and work your way up. Basically speak to the unis you want to go to then ask if they have any suggestions on courses you could take.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.