The Student Room Group

Facial Symmetry

I hate everything about the way I look, especially my face.

I have lots of beauty spots, my chin has a dimple, my chin isn't lined up with my nose, my lips aren't lined up properly either, my face is very asymmetrical and I cannot stand seeing how some beautiful, clear skinned and symmetrical some girls faces are and how confident they are without makeup, I get guys saying I'm good looking, never really had trouble getting boyfriends but they're not all good looking, some are okay, I don't know if I attractive these not very attractive guys because I'm not even close to being pretty or it's because I'm approachable and easy to talk too, I know some girls don't get guys because they hang around certain people or they're not nice or easy to talk too or just not approachable basically, I consider my best friend a lot more prettier than me but she doesn't get that many boyfriends, I mean my forehead isn't exactly the smallest either, girls don't really call me pretty, I don't seem to be able to make friends with them either but have an easy time making friends with boys, I'm short and chubby too. I just hate the way I look so much and I don't know how to change this. I also have beauty spots all over my body.
Reply 1
Like What?
However you look, it's clearly not holding you back in the romance department. So why give a flying proverbial?
I bet you could bag yourself a gorgeous looking guy if you really wanted to.
Less easy would be bagging one who wasn't excessively vain / conceited / full of himself / shallow / selfish / unreliable / unambitious / crap in bed - as there aren't too many of them about.

On the advice for you front:
Your body shape is the easiest thing to improve. And it's always good to get to and maintain reasonable fitness levels - from a reserves of strength and energy point of view.
The best how-to book i've read on this is the old Morehouse classic Total Fitness in 30 minutes a Week (£2.50 on ebay). Read it and follow the regime in it of eating a little less and doing a little more (pulse rate monitored) exercise.
These are subtle signs of maybe having Body Dysmorphic disorder associated with your face. I mean do you find yourself constantly thinking about these issues you have with your face?

Quick Reply

Latest