Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I hate everything about the way I look, especially my face.

I have lots of beauty spots, my chin has a dimple, my chin isn't lined up with my nose, my lips aren't lined up properly either, my face is very asymmetrical and I cannot stand seeing how some beautiful, clear skinned and symmetrical some girls faces are and how confident they are without makeup, I get guys saying I'm good looking, never really had trouble getting boyfriends but they're not all good looking, some are okay, I don't know if I attractive these not very attractive guys because I'm not even close to being pretty or it's because I'm approachable and easy to talk too, I know some girls don't get guys because they hang around certain people or they're not nice or easy to talk too or just not approachable basically, I consider my best friend a lot more prettier than me but she doesn't get that many boyfriends, I mean my forehead isn't exactly the smallest either, girls don't really call me pretty, I don't seem to be able to make friends with them either but have an easy time making friends with boys, I'm short and chubby too. I just hate the way I look so much and I don't know how to change this. I also have beauty spots all over my body.
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    Chill, no one analyses your face like that

(Original post by The Night King)
    Chill, no one analyses your face like that
    Like What?

However you look, it's clearly not holding you back in the romance department. So why give a flying proverbial?
    I bet you could bag yourself a gorgeous looking guy if you really wanted to.
    Less easy would be bagging one who wasn't excessively vain / conceited / full of himself / shallow / selfish / unreliable / unambitious / crap in bed - as there aren't too many of them about.

On the advice for you front:
    Your body shape is the easiest thing to improve. And it's always good to get to and maintain reasonable fitness levels - from a reserves of strength and energy point of view.
    The best how-to book i've read on this is the old Morehouse classic Total Fitness in 30 minutes a Week (£2.50 on ebay). Read it and follow the regime in it of eating a little less and doing a little more (pulse rate monitored) exercise.

These are subtle signs of maybe having Body Dysmorphic disorder associated with your face. I mean do you find yourself constantly thinking about these issues you have with your face?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.