Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm in sixth form doing biology and chemistry and I'm very interested in forensic pathology, hence why i need a medical degree. However I'm struggling with my grades and finding it hard getting the A's i need- is there any possible chance that universities would take on students with maybe AAB or ABB? Or are they really that strict?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_Jones)
    So I'm in sixth form doing biology and chemistry and I'm very interested in forensic pathology, hence why i need a medical degree. However I'm struggling with my grades and finding it hard getting the A's i need- is there any possible chance that universities would take on students with maybe AAB or ABB? Or are they really that strict?
    AAA is the minimum required for medicine. However there is also foundation medicine which has lower requirements but just takes about a year extra. Also, you still have time to pull your grades up to A. I know plenty of people in my year who went from getting C's to A's. One person even, in my biology class would get C's last year and is now getting A* and has had medical school interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much this helps alot, gives me much more hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_Jones)
    They really are that strict.

Foundation degrees in medicine are generally for students who a) have AAA but didn't do science A levels or b) don't have AAA but meet specific requirements for widening access to medical school e.g. attended an underperforming school, first in the family to go to uni, etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2018

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.