Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

-what topics do you find most interesting and why?
    -why do you prefer it over other subjects
    - if you're studying it why?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Although my knowledge is limited to GCSE and documentaries, as a maths student we always appreciate real life, useful things. And I think areas like marine biology are the ones where you can really impress people with :lol: and go 'yeah, that is happening in real life right now'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I love immuno-oncology it combines my love of immunology and oncology and is at the forefront of cancer research

I miss other subjects such as languages, but being able to learn all these intricate complex processes that take place every day on such a minuscule level amazes me! and theres that point in research where you're the only one who knows something- and if you ask me that's pretty cool

I'm currently doing a masters and applying for PhDs. I don't think I could study anything else and get as much satisfaction and enjoyment out of it. I can't imaging not having a career in the life sciences whether it be through research, policy or science communication

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.