Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So today in chemistry the teacher left the class and everyone was carrying on and there was a kettle on my desk and I picked it up pretending to make a cup of tea and I wasn’t paying attention and never realised there was water in the kettle and poured it on a pile of new textbooks. I quickly tried to clean the water up before the teacher can back and I thought the books were basically dry. At the end of the period she noticed the books were wet and didn’t seem too bothered and just blamed the first years from the period before. I feel like i should go and apologise and offer the money to replace the books but I’m not sure if it will make the situation worse. Any advice would be great

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, clear your conscience.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I think I will.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't put myself in that situation. She might hold a grudge if you own up, at least if you don't she won't have a clue it was you. You'll probably forget about it by next week and it's not like any feelings were hurt. However, you've got to trust the rest of the class to not snitch on you or accidentally mention it... anyway it's not the end of the world :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie040902)
    Thanks I think I will.
    I'd personally say don't worry about it, you've seen the textbooks in schools, they're usually a complete mess anyways.

A little water isn't much of a big deal, I mean, it will dry up.
    You can confess if you wish but I don't think they care as much as you think they do. It doesn't affect them much and it's not their money either.

edit: also it's a chemistry classroom, the text books will probably get burnt and covered in boiling hot acids (thats what happened to mines). and a bit of what the above guy said ^ next week it'll all be forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    Nah leave it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone I know it’s not that big of a deal and no one seemed too bothered so I think it would be better for everyone just too leave it as it is.I don’t really have to worry about anyone snitching or accidentally mentioning it thought because it was a supported study class after school and it was only me and 2 of my friends in the class. I think I’ve just made this a bigger deal than it is lol.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.