Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right now I study French, English Literature, History and Moving Image Arts. I want to drop MIA as it takes up so much of my time and I've lost my motivation for it.it also causes me a lot of anxiety and stress, and while film is my passion, I want to focus specifically on screenwriting, which the course doesn't allow me to do. however, I want to apply to Warwick for English literature and creative writing after my a levels. dropping now would mean I don't have an AS grade for MIA. has anyone gotten on to the course with just 3 results??

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Warwick with 3 a levels. It wasn’t for that course though. What do the entry requirements online say?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzy98)
    I got an offer from Warwick with 3 a levels. It wasn’t for that course though. What do the entry requirements online say?
    requirements ask for AAA plus a portfolio and an interview, but I am conscious that plenty of others will apply with a 4th subject. if my portfolio/statement/interview is strong enough would that make up for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memily871)
    requirements ask for AAA plus a portfolio and an interview, but I am conscious that plenty of others will apply with a 4th subject. if my portfolio/statement/interview is strong enough would that make up for it?
    Of course, if you are providing what they ask for then I see no issues. Plus if this MIA course is getting in the way of your other grades then that could cause an even bigger problem.

ReputationRep:
    I got onto masters engineering with AAA. Three a-levels should be fine.Yes, four would be better, but if they're not asking for it, why bother? Get the required grades or better in three and you're good to go.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 9, 2018

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.