Turn on thread page Beta

Stressed, depressed and lonely!!!! :( need motivation watch

Announcements

Currently trying to finish my dissertation, alone in the library, I feel stressed out because it's not good enough I have one more chapter to read through and change but I feel like I can't do it like I want to break down and cry, I have no one to tell because i don't feel like I have many close friends anymore and the friends I have, I don't want to burden them with my stress.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don’t give up. If you can take a short break and just keep telling yourself you can do it and that it will be worth it in the end. Your hard work will pay off. Don’t know if this is any help at all but I really hope it does.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling.

At least it is just an essay though, you can bluff a bit in a pinch.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, but if you want motivation:

ReputationRep:
    Watch a motivating video as a short break, then dive back into it. The human mind can't usually concentrate on one thing for long stretches at a time, especially not when tired.

ReputationRep:
    As you can tell, I'm in the same situation rn xD

I also advise closing TSR (and getting some caffeine in your system if you haven't already).

(Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    I know the feeling.

At least it is just an essay though, you can bluff a bit in a pinch.
    It's a dissertation, 30% of my graduation grade

As you can tell, I'm in the same situation rn xD

I also advise closing TSR (and getting some caffeine in your system if you haven't already).
    I'm going to bed and hopefully finish in the morning

ReputationRep:
    Oh, but if you want motivation:

One of the greatest men in history. Alexander. Nothing quite like him. Conquered most of the known world at the time and he was only in his 20s...A genius, a scientist, a philosopher, a soldier and a military strategist....and he was all those things from the age of 15...

Little known fact, his mentor was Aristotle the greatest philosopher of all time. He defeated the persian Empire of Darius the third, the most powerful man on earth at the time and he did this when he was 20...He started his campaign to conquer the world when he was 16!!! leading an army of around thirty thousand men....Darius the third had 1 million men stand up to Alexander's 30,000 in the battle of Gaugamela that saw the defeat of Darius who was a genius in his own right.

Just imagine how much of an impact he had on the world back then that people are still talking about him 3000 years later...

Attachment 723750

Its sad that universities put students through so much stress. Don't be stressed OP. Its important that you tackle the stress and the depression its causing you quickly and address their causes before they become worse....stress and depression can slow you down and effect your work, which will make your depression and stress worse. Its like perpetual cycle. Its important that you treat it seriously and address it effectively.

As you can tell, I'm in the same situation rn xD.
    Similar situation here...lol

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.