Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello. I have this crush on a girl and she seems to be so different compared to other people that I have encountered with. Me and this girl are quite close and we literally share the same interests etc. However she's straight and I'm bi... She knows that too. The thing is, she likes people from a distance. Meaning to say that she likes people secretly and gets attached in a way. However, once she finds out that person is attached to them she cuts them off.

I was contemplating about the idea of confessing to her one day just to get it off my chest as I'm just pretending to be ok but to be honest I obviously don't root for anything like a relationship. Then the thought of that made me think she might cut off our friendship and avoid me for good.

What do you think I should do if ever I get more attached to the point i'd honestly want her to know that I'm into her? Even though I honestly just want to be close with her yet not want a relationship..? I'm not even ready yet and I feel like I don't prioritise it. Plus, even if I confess it I know it's not gonna be the 'next step' because she is 100 percent straight and her principle of cutting people off lol. It's just the outcome I'm very much not wanting to risk our friendship and the changing perspective as it will now then seem awkward. Things will change.

Pretty stupid to probably think to tell her, but I just want to be extremely dead honest with her. So mind asking for any advice ?

If she's straight then what's the point in telling and ruining your friendship? You already have the closure, it's probably time to move on.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.