The Student Room Group

Igcse mandarin first/second

Right now, I have a dilemma on picking first and second language, I can handle second language now but I always feel that from now till the may exam, if I work hard on the language I can score well in first language. my school don't provide mandarin language class but I have classes outside. However, I'm not so good in the essay writing part which can be worked on.

Does First language and second language choice affects your future. Like do job employers look down on second language people or do they see like you have a Chinese subject in your certification and have a good grade only? Do university look at the difference between both?
Original post by Jacky542
Right now, I have a dilemma on picking first and second language, I can handle second language now but I always feel that from now till the may exam, if I work hard on the language I can score well in first language. my school don't provide mandarin language class but I have classes outside. However, I'm not so good in the essay writing part which can be worked on.

Does First language and second language choice affects your future. Like do job employers look down on second language people or do they see like you have a Chinese subject in your certification and have a good grade only? Do university look at the difference between both?

Do you mean first and second language or first and second foreign language? It isnt going to matter whether you take one or two modern languages. Mandarin is a good one to have, but HCSE rarely matter that much except for the grade. A levels are a lot more important.

Quick Reply

Latest