Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend kissed another girl watch

So last week my partner and I had a few drinks, upon which he confessed that whilst our relationship was still young, he kissed another girl at a festival. He said that he deeply regrets it, and that it would never occur again, followed by that he would like to spend the rest of his life with me (yeah, quite an emotional roller coaster there, I know).

The thing is, I feel a bit confused. I've never felt the kind of deep, intense love I feel for him, so much so, that I forgave him in a heartbeat.

I'm just scared that this could strain our relationship in the future? Has anyone experienced this before, and forgiven their partner? And how has it played out? He is terrified of losing me now, and I would be completely lost without him. He is the love of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So last week my partner and I had a few drinks, upon which he confessed that whilst our relationship was still young, he kissed another girl at a festival. He said that he deeply regrets it, and that it would never occur again, followed by that he would like to spend the rest of his life with me (yeah, quite an emotional roller coaster there, I know).

The thing is, I feel a bit confused. I've never felt the kind of deep, intense love I feel for him, so much so, that I forgave him in a heartbeat.

I'm just scared that this could strain our relationship in the future? Has anyone experienced this before, and forgiven their partner? And how has it played out? He is terrified of losing me now, and I would be completely lost without him. He is the love of my life.

You need to start figuring out what you want for yourself because you sound pretty confused, at one point he is the love of your life and in another you dont really feel the intense love that he probably now feels, therefore leading him to confess because he wants an honest relationship with you. But the fact that your feeling aren't mutual, leads me to beleive that you are comfortable with your arrangements and you have gotten lazy in looking for what you want, but when it comes along, whether it be a colleague, close male friend, or even stranger on a night out, trust me it wont take you much to doubt your relationship and getting what you want then.

You only have one choice really, get out of your comfort zone and decide do you see a future with this person where you are content and happy with not a doubt that you will be swayed in the future?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.