Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I finished my A levels in 2016 and took a gap year for 2 years (military) and recently got an unconditional offer from Nottingham (AAB) to study law. I have a few doubts I want to clarify.

1. Is it very tough to get a 1st class honours? even if you spend almost 10 hours a day studying?

2. What would you suggest I read before entering the law school i.e are there any specific sites I can look at to get a basic understanding of legal terms etc

3. How stressful is the course on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most stressful.

4. Is there an equal weightage of grades for each year or does the final year account for more of the total credit? What is the breakdown of weightage of credit for each year?

Thanks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Arvinx11)
    Hey,

I finished my A levels in 2016 and took a gap year for 2 years (military) and recently got an unconditional offer from Nottingham (AAB) to study law. I have a few doubts I want to clarify.

1. Is it very tough to get a 1st class honours? even if you spend almost 10 hours a day studying?

2. What would you suggest I read before entering the law school i.e are there any specific sites I can look at to get a basic understanding of legal terms etc

3. How stressful is the course on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most stressful.

4. Is there an equal weightage of grades for each year or does the final year account for more of the total credit? What is the breakdown of weightage of credit for each year?

Thanks!
    1. It depends how clever you are. Ask them for the split of degree classifications. Imo yes as its reserved for the minority of applicants.
    2. Have a look on Amazon or just contact the uni for pre reading. Not really needed, but pleny of books on studying Law.
    3. Depends how well you cope with stress. It is just a degree.
    4. Look on the course structure on the unis web page for LLB. Each uni has its own gradings and weightings. Normally first year doesnt count and then its split either equally or favours third year as most important. The answer will be n their web page and if not just e-mail them.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.