The Student Room Group

The Attitude of Muslims towards religion

Basically I was a Hindu when I was younger and I grew up in a suburb of my city where there were many Muslims. This meant I have a lot of Muslim friends from the time I was young. Many of my Muslims friends would make jokes about different religions, including Hinduism. I used to make loads of jokes about Hinduism with my Muslim friends too. To be honest I found it quite funny so I used to laugh and elaborate on their jokes and it would be funny. Now you see I kind of saw it as a mutual thing so sometimes I would make jokes about Islam to my Muslim friends. For the vast majority, instead of laughing with me they would get angry. I believe this happens quite a bit in working class areas among working class Muslims. So why is that Muslims will make jokes about other religions yet not their own?
I'm a Muslim girl and honestly these type of guys suck. Don't hang out with trashy men who make fun of ppls beliefs and then get angry when it's of their own, they are obviously immature. Hopefully they will grow up.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I was a Hindu when I was younger and I grew up in a suburb of my city where there were many Muslims. This meant I have a lot of Muslim friends from the time I was young. Many of my Muslims friends would make jokes about different religions, including Hinduism. I used to make loads of jokes about Hinduism with my Muslim friends too. To be honest I found it quite funny so I used to laugh and elaborate on their jokes and it would be funny. Now you see I kind of saw it as a mutual thing so sometimes I would make jokes about Islam to my Muslim friends. For the vast majority, instead of laughing with me they would get angry. I believe this happens quite a bit in working class areas among working class Muslims. So why is that Muslims will make jokes about other religions yet not their own?

There's a lot of indoctrination into the fact that Islam is the best and only true religion therefore every other religion is inferior and hence can be taken the piss out of no problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending