Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am wondering if anybody can give me some advice.

    I am applying for funding to go to university and would like to know which parent I place on the form for income.

    The problems is that I have been living with my boyfriend for the past 2 years and have been working and studying so I would class myself as independent but for student finance I am not classed as that.

    My mother and father were never married and separated about 6 years ago. My mother has remarried and moved away so do I put my father's income down or my mothers and stepfathers's income down on the form.

    Hope someone can help me with this

    if you are truly living on your own you may have to ring up for extenuating circumstances. they may just take your income into account. if they insist on having a parents then give them the lowest earners. it will give you more money in the long run
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.