Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just got sacked.. watch

Announcements

I'm 17 and i just got sacked for gross misconduct, not for fighting or doing anything like abuse or anything but why? Because i said a few things wrong on calls and i transfered calls to other agents. I didnt get another chance.

I passed all the calls but there were queries i didnt have a clue about, so i told customers to wait on hold to speak to another agent. Other customers couldnt understand me because of my strong Irish accent. Not my fault.

I'd understand if i stole something or punched someone i wouldnt get another chance fgs really?

Its not my fault that their training and management is rubbish. I hated the job but ive got nothing else lined up. Im starting college in September but i hate life right now.

Ive got depression and this has hit me hard. I shouldve stayed in school but ah well..

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked your contract to make sure this classified as gross misconduct? If it doesn’t then appeal the decision! And hunt for new jobs, something will come along!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 17 and i just got sacked for gross misconduct, not for fighting or doing anything like abuse or anything but why? Because i said a few things wrong on calls and i transfered calls to other agents. I didnt get another chance.

I passed all the calls but there were queries i didnt have a clue about, so i told customers to wait on hold to speak to another agent. Other customers couldnt understand me because of my strong Irish accent. Not my fault.

I'd understand if i stole something or punched someone i wouldnt get another chance fgs really?

Its not my fault that their training and management is rubbish. I hated the job but ive got nothing else lined up. Im starting college in September but i hate life right now.

Ive got depression and this has hit me hard. I shouldve stayed in school but ah well..

Any advice?
    http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3282

Call the ACAS helpline.
    0300 123 1100.

Sounds rubbish and I can understand it knocks your confidence. they can let you go for just about any reason. It doesnt sound like they followed their own policy, as it doesnt sound like gross misconduct at all.

ReputationRep:
    I was sort of same position before uni. I didn’t want to just get a job at Tesco’s do I did loads of voluntary and paid and unpaid internships- I built a very good CV and got into a better uni well beyond my a levels cos of it and way more employable so was a blessing in disguise

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.