Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you honestly revise a day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I always hear ppl say they revise for 3-4 hours a day and then 6/7 nearer exam times i even saw someone say 7-12 hours now i know this is bs. So how long do you revise outside of school and hw dont lie theres no point im trying to do 1/2 hours a day but havent achieved this yet.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    During GCSES I revised for about 4 hours, and on weekends about 8 hours. Doing AS levels now I revise for about 2/3 hours a day outside of school, which will increase in exam seasons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toniator23)
    I always hear ppl say they revise for 3-4 hours a day and then 6/7 nearer exam times i even saw someone say 7-12 hours now i know this is bs. So how long do you revise outside of school and hw dont lie theres no point im trying to do 1/2 hours a day but havent achieved this yet.
    about 40 mins per day and 2 hours when close to exams or in mock exams. when its in the gcses ill be doing 3 or 4 hours per day

ReputationRep:
    I spend 2 ish hours in the evenings that I’m free (3days a week) doing homework and revising. On the weekends it’s about 3/4 on Saturdays and 2 on Sundays. I’m currently in year 12. During GCSEs I studied for 4 hours every night after school then basically all day at weekends.

ReputationRep:
    generally three hours after school and about 8 on weekends and holidays (i dont usually go out that much) for A2. Of course there are days where i dont do this but i try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toniator23)

I am an A2 student now, but during my O-levels, I did studied a lot per day nearer to the exam. Basically because I missed a lot in that year and I didn't come from a good/average school. (Back then...) On days that I have school, the minimum time I revised for was 2 hours and 4 hours max. However, when my study leave began, I did studied for 13 hours max and on average was 8 hours.

I was cramming like hell, and I am very sure I don't want to cram anymore.

Studying a lot per day is very possible -- difficult, but possible. But you are just starting so I do think your plan on doing 1 ~ 2 hours a day sounds good

Wish you all the stamina you need for studying!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.