Turn on thread page Beta

To the meat eaters watch

• View Poll Results: Would you go vegan for a month?
    Yes, it would be fun to experiment
    41.67%
    Maybe, I'd have to research it more
    8.33%
    No, I'd never give up meat
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was just reading this and was wondering how many people on TSR would do the same thing.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42818443

Here it is:

Would you become a vegan for a month?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have the willpower to go completely vegan but I guess if I were up to it, I'd cut down on my meat intake for a month.

ReputationRep:
    I can't, I live for meat and only for meat. :C

ReputationRep:
    nope, im happy as i am and with 3 kids, i havent got time to piss around reading food labels when im shopping

ReputationRep:
    I initially did the “vegan for a month” thing, it’s been a four year long month and counting! As the article says, the first month (few months really) is reading labels, trying disgusting meat alternatives, really putting in the ground work to understand the new diet. Some people do it and just eat veg or salads and feel terrible, because you need to eat more than just lettuce. I got a nutrition poster that described what nutrients I could get from what plant based foods, and how much I needed, which helped me understand what I needed to eat.
    Name:  6BF7F127-D280-49D1-89EA-45F1F5CDE5DF.jpg.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  41.2 KB

I have a huge amount of respect for meat eaters that give it a go and see things from the vegan perspective, even if they decide it’s not for them. Best way to do it is to have a vegan friend who knows all the junk food and which gross alternatives to avoid.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I would but i physically and emotionally cant
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    For a month, sure. But I wouldn't enjoy it.

I was vegetarian for 2 years in my teens and attempted to go vegan but I missed dairy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by cat_mac)
    I initially did the “vegan for a month” thing, it’s been a four year long month and counting! As the article says, the first month (few months really) is reading labels, trying disgusting meat alternatives, really putting in the ground work to understand the new diet. Some people do it and just eat veg or salads and feel terrible, because you need to eat more than just lettuce. I got a nutrition poster that described what nutrients I could get from what plant based foods, and how much I needed, which helped me understand what I needed to eat.
    Name:  6BF7F127-D280-49D1-89EA-45F1F5CDE5DF.jpg.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  41.2 KB

I have a huge amount of respect for meat eaters that give it a go and see things from the vegan perspective, even if they decide it’s not for them. Best way to do it is to have a vegan friend who knows all the junk food and which gross alternatives to avoid.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, two years and counting for me and I actually have that same poster haha

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.