Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in ghosts? watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m going to be really pissed if I die and turn into a ghost. Thought I was done with this dump but instead I’m trapped here forever and i’m invisible? naahh
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Having personally never experienced anything like ghosts or demons or spirits I don't believe in them. Spirits just don't sound realistic to me so when you die, that's it! However if I ever experienced something extremely convincing my mind is open to changing but it would have to be very very convincing and unexplainable by other methods.

ReputationRep:
    Brian cox and his LHC buddies says ghosts not possible to exist I’ll take his word for it

ReputationRep:
    when you rule out the possibility of existence of demons and ghosts, you rule out the massive potential of science

ReputationRep:
    I don't personally believe in ghosts as I have never come across these situations but I have heard stories from relatives about seeing spirits. One of my family friend's cousin passed away, and the "family friend" would see and hear her mumbling away in the back seat of his car from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely believe there is more to this planet than what we know from science. I don't think it is fair to say everyone who claims to see ghosts is mentally ill and delusional.

I would love to a haunted house actually.

ReputationRep:
    While i have never seen one or experienced it
    I do believe in ghosts because of many video and picture evidences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Demons exist,I can assure you that much.
    Really? Because I don't feel "assured" at the moment ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mil99)
    Really? Because I don't feel "assured" at the moment ?
    Then nothing I say will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Then nothing I say will
    Correct - I genuinely do not believe you could convince me yourself.

However, post any evidence for said beings and you've done your role !

ReputationRep:
    I didn't believe in ghosts until **** went down on one floor of our uni flat. Legit we are haunted. There will be dark figures that wake the 4 for us up by immense pressure, presence and touching. We sometimes hear extreme voices and that many many doors we have open and close and open and close without and of us or any strong winds that could create a pressure thing. It didn't happen EVERY day but like every couple and we'd go into the kitchen and all feel like we we're haunted last night without even communicating. Let me just say... it messed with me. The worst was once I came back from a night out where I didn't drink anything and woke up at about 7/8 am an felt someone in my bed next to me, like their legit presence, with their arm over me. As i was kinda in a relationship at the time I accepted this, I even accepted when said hand moved as it was a "person" so stayed there for a while. But eventually I REALLY needed the toilet so i went to reach for their hand and it and the overwhelming presence of the "person" next to me disappeared. It's like nothing else I've ever experienced. I have never screamed so loud in my life.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. I think there are reasonable explanations to 'ghost sightings' like these

https://theconversation.com/the-top-...ightings-58259

https://www.livescience.com/26697-are-ghosts-real.html

ReputationRep:
    My family have all had experiences. We don't really think of them as ghosts like a see-through person. We think of them as old stains from the past, like when you
    move into an old house and feel presence to it from previous people living there. One time, I was staying in my brother's house in this really old area famous for
    mills back in the victorian times (where a lot of people, especially children died due to the working conditions and dangerous machinery). It was a creepy house,
    everything was situated on different levels. It was small with narrow windows. The kitchen was the ground floor then there were 2 floors below, the living room and
    baby room and above was a bedroom and bathroom. Apparently my dad and his gf who were sleeping in the baby room would feel really cold lying down and no
    matter what they did they wouldn't warm up.But when they sat up they would warm up and even going outside was warmer for them. And during the night they
    would hear kids running up the stairs and giggling. They thought it was me and my sister above since we were sleeping in the living room but we were sound asleep the whole time. I didn't really experience anything big except just feeling really creeped out all the time in the house and forcing myself to go the the bathroom because it was such a journey each time. One time I heard someone whistling in the hallway while I was using the loo and thought it was my brother, but later I found out no one was in the house and they were waiting outside in the car.

I heard this from my dad when he was young and living with his gf. They bought a really cheap wendy house out in the middle of nowhere (this is in australia) they spent one night there. It was fine during the day but once night hit he could feel this really strong presence. When they were in bed he could feel exactly where this presence was in the house, in one of the bedrooms. He tried to wake his gf but she was so deeply asleep so he had to have music blasting loudy to ease his nerves and this music didn't even wake her. Once the night was over he told his gf they had to leave the house as he couldn't face it again. When they went to turn
    the house key in he asked the tenant owners what was wrong with it and they said some teenage boy shot living therehimself when his gf broke up with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i dont believe in them but i do think the people who have had these 'experiences' fabricate them.
    sorry
    In all my years on TSR this is the most ignorant reply I have ever read. So you’re telling me the millions if not billions of people who have said they have seen a ghost are just liars? You are in denial, you’re probs just scared of the unknown, you think everything is black and white, and whatever the BBC say is factual scientific information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I believe that people who see, hear or otherwise experience ghosts are sincere, and that they are experiencing something that seems like ghosts. However I assume that these are hallucinations of some kind. Hallucinations seem real. That's the point. The more we learn about the mind and consciousness, the more we understand how little control we have, and how much stuff goes on that we're not at all aware of. Perfectly healthy humans aren't sane all the time either. We can have temporary insanity from time to time, e.g. when overwhelmed with stress, or sleep deprived, and so on.
    that blue writing is kinda.... spooky ? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    My uncle had bad experiences with ghosts. He actually had it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCFCfan4eva)
    I don't. I think there are reasonable explanations to 'ghost sightings' like these

https://theconversation.com/the-top-...ightings-58259

https://www.livescience.com/26697-are-ghosts-real.html

Helpful resource let me check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    100%
    I watched a family member get possesed. And i swear to god, when they spoke, it was not just one voice but two. Horror movies dont exaggerate that much. This **** is real.
    I hope you got that family member the psychiatric help they needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    In all my years on TSR this is the most ignorant reply I have ever read. So you’re telling me the millions if not billions of people who have said they have seen a ghost are just liars? You are in denial, you’re probs just scared of the unknown, you think everything is black and white, and whatever the BBC say is factual scientific information.
    There is no credible evidence for the supernatural. Some claims may be fraudulent, and some are sincere, but equally wrong. Many people are quick to assign the supernatural label to things that they can't understand / explain, with many being poor at both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petalsunrise)
    I hope you got that family member the psychiatric help they needed.
    She speaks the truth mate.Excorcisms are real. How do you explain the possessed person suddenly speaking languages from thousands of years ago or one that he has never heard or spoken before?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.