Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is this normal? watch

Announcements

At least once a day when i have moments to myself i start daydreaming and then for some reason i have scenarios like actual photos and videos in my head that my mind has created of my future. The other day on my commute to college i was imagining myself driving a car and i started getting anxiety. Im scared of growing up and scared of the outcome of my future. Its not necessarily the fact that ill be poor its just that i have no control of it and no matter what i do will not determine it. I'd rather die at 65 rather than live long because im that type of person who does not want be looked after or especially be put in a nursing home.

Can someone help me? ive researched a bit and it comes out as chronophobia but im not entirely sure its what i have.

How can i stop this? Sometimes i would get anxious for a long period of time and it makes the events in my heads seem more surreal.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    At least once a day when i have moments to myself i start daydreaming and then for some reason i have scenarios like actual photos and videos in my head that my mind has created of my future. The other day on my commute to college i was imagining myself driving a car and i started getting anxiety. Im scared of growing up and scared of the outcome of my future. Its not necessarily the fact that ill be poor its just that i have no control of it and no matter what i do will not determine it. I'd rather die at 65 rather than live long because im that type of person who does not want be looked after or especially be put in a nursing home.

Can someone help me? ive researched a bit and it comes out as chronophobia but im not entirely sure its what i have.

How can i stop this? Sometimes i would get anxious for a long period of time and it makes the events in my heads seem more surreal.
    Sounds like you may benefit from some counselling or therapy to help you explore these thoughts and why they exist/ bother you. You can talk to your school or GP about accessing that or google to see if there are any self referral services in your area.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.