Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a few spots and red patches on my face and I'm wondering what I can do to get rid of these.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Drink water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Drink water
    That doesn’t always work I drink loads of water and my skins still really bad :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by xkatiexvioletx)
    That doesn’t always work I drink loads of water and my skins still really bad :/
    OP wanted some suggestions and i gave one

ReputationRep:
    Aloe Vera gel
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I think Tree oil or something like that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User909)
    I have a few spots and red patches on my face and I'm wondering what I can do to get rid of these.
    Make an appointment with your GP. This could very well be acne which needs medical treatment in the form of creams or tablets. These are only available on prescription so you can't buy them yourself. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    OP wanted some suggestions and i gave one
    I know that the message was intended to be sent normally just to inform the person who posted, not you.

Sorry

ReputationRep:
    It does depend on your skin type too. Whatever you do, don't pick/dig at your skin (easier said than done I know). I used to do this as a teenager when I didn't know better.

Anti-bacterial products such as Clearasil and Tree-oil do work for some. Make sure to moisturise after washing, but it's crucial that the moisturiser is right for your skin so it doesn't clog your pores. Try asking a medical/skin professional to gauge your skin type. I believe that Boots do skin tests free of charge too. I'm an adult and still suffer from acne, but I have found that when I'm eating/drinking healthier, sleeping well, and minimise stress, my skin tends to perform better. Everyone's skin is unique so you might have to try a lot of things.

At the moment, I'm using Cetaphil, which is a gentle facewash and I then use Lush's vanishing cream for moisturising (great for combination/oily skin. About once a week (or if I have a nasty spot) I'll use a clearsil exfoliating scrub, or a benozyl peroxide cream which was prescribed to me by my doctor.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Drink enough water
    Wash face with cold water everyday
    Dont use skincare products unless it’s prescribed
    Get duac (doctor prescribed me it)
    I stopped using skincare products because too much chemicals and people are noticing that my skin is clearing up

ReputationRep:
    I had pretty bad acne and what worked for me was:

1. Going on antibiotics (not necessary if your skin only has a few spots and redness but if it affects you then it never hurts to ask your doctor). I was also prescribed Duac at one point but it burned me so avoid if you have sensitive skin and I was then given Epiduo which does absolutely nothing!

2. Stopped squeezing! (or picking, rubbing or anything). I'm a chronic picker (gross but true) and it's an awful habit. Even if you do it cleanly, aggravating your skin can cause inflammation which in turn can cause Post Inflammatory Erythema (those annoying red/purple marks that are the bane of my life)

3. Discovering Savlon. Over the years I've tried practically every product and brand for treating spots. Tea tree, witch hazel, Clearasil, T-zone. At best they did nothing, at worst they made my skin dry and itchy and red. Savlon is the only thing that has worked for my skin on taking down some of the redness and inflammation and speeding up healing.

4. Food and drink. I've never had an awful diet but I've found certain foods seem to help my skin. Tomatoes and sweet potatoes and peppers. Vitamins A and C are so important in skin repair! Just make sure you get a good variety of colourful fruit and veg. Loads of water and green tea. I think it might be my imagination but I swear my skin looks better when I have a mug of lemon green tea. Basically just making sure you're getting enough vitamins and minerals and laying off the greasy foods- but don't be scared of good fats in things like nuts and avocados as they can help your skin.

5. Exercise. Boost your circulation! It helps healing as well as making you look 'glowy'. Exercise can also relieve stress and stress can affect skin issues!

6. A splash of cold water. That's it. Morning and night. No products (except a dab of Savlon when I get a spot), no cleansers or skin creams claiming to do amazing things. I found that stepping away from the products made SO much difference. Even my friend commented that my skin was looking so much better and asked what I was doing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.