What should I take for IB? I want to do PPL in Oxford?

Watch this thread
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
dilarasmyth
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TSR Jessica)
Hey, I think it was meant to go on an IB thread? Do you know how I can move it?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dilarasmyth)
Hey, I think it was meant to go on an IB thread? Do you know how I can move it?
I've moved it for you. (Jessica is a robot )

Oxford gives you its recommendations here:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...uistics?wssl=1
dilarasmyth
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
I've moved it for you. (Jessica is a robot )

Oxford gives you its recommendations here:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...uistics?wssl=1
Thanks for moving it!! However, on the Oxford site it doesn't really help with my choices for higher or lower level - I think because not many people do IB
dilarasmyth
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lord Nutter)
Any 2 1 degree from a top end university (Especially those that are related - economics, mathematics, etc) will be good starting point.

Focus on networking
Hmmm,,,, but its not a graduate course???
Doones
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for moving it!! However, on the Oxford site it doesn't really help with my choices for higher or lower level - I think because not many people do IB
Yes it does:

"For Psychology, it is highly recommended for candidates to have studied one or more science subjects (which can include Psychology) or Mathematics to A-level, Advanced Higher, Higher Level in the IB or any other equivalent. For Linguistics, it is helpful for candidates to have studied English Language, Mathematics, a science or any other language. We expect you to have taken and passed any practical component in your chosen science subjects."

They won't be completely prescriptive - it's your IB after all - but if you want to follow what they regard as "recommended" or "helpful" it's all there.
Doones
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lord Nutter)
Any 2 1 degree from a top end university (Especially those that are related - economics, mathematics, etc) will be good starting point.

Focus on networking
Hmmm,,,, but its not a graduate course???
International Baccalaureate, not investment banking...
dilarasmyth
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Yes it does:

"For Psychology, it is highly recommended for candidates to have studied one or more science subjects (which can include Psychology) or Mathematics to A-level, Advanced Higher, Higher Level in the IB or any other equivalent. For Linguistics, it is helpful for candidates to have studied English Language, Mathematics, a science or any other language. We expect you to have taken and passed any practical component in your chosen science subjects."

They won't be completely prescriptive - it's your IB after all - but if you want to follow what they regard as "recommended" or "helpful" it's all there.
Yes, sorry I knew that I wasn't being specific enough!! I meant that they don't specify if, say I was doing a science subject higher level, should I do - maths standard or studies --- or say should I do English or Biology higher level if I'm already doing psychology higher level.

I understand that they won't give advice that specific, or be completely prescriptive, but the A-level advice is there and a little bit more useful.
Doones
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yes, sorry I knew that I wasn't being specific enough!! I meant that they don't specify if, say I was doing a science subject higher level, should I do - maths standard or studies --- or say should I do English or Biology higher level if I'm already doing psychology higher level.

I understand that they won't give advice that specific, or be completely prescriptive, but the A-level advice is there and a little bit more useful.
Apply A-level advice to IB. You have more subjects anyway, A-level is more restrictive.

But fundamentally pick IB HLs and SLs you enjoy and can do well at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (148)
29.08%
It went fairly well (241)
47.35%
It didn't go too well (77)
15.13%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.45%

Watched Threads