Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Jessica)
    Hey, I think it was meant to go on an IB thread? Do you know how I can move it?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by dilarasmyth)
    Hey, I think it was meant to go on an IB thread? Do you know how I can move it?
    I've moved it for you. (Jessica is a robot )

Oxford gives you its recommendations here:
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...uistics?wssl=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I've moved it for you. (Jessica is a robot )

Oxford gives you its recommendations here:
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...uistics?wssl=1
    Thanks for moving it!! However, on the Oxford site it doesn't really help with my choices for higher or lower level - I think because not many people do IB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Nutter)
    Any 2 1 degree from a top end university (Especially those that are related - economics, mathematics, etc) will be good starting point.

Focus on networking
    Hmmm,,,, but its not a graduate course???
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Thanks for moving it!! However, on the Oxford site it doesn't really help with my choices for higher or lower level - I think because not many people do IB
    Yes it does:

"For Psychology, it is highly recommended for candidates to have studied one or more science subjects (which can include Psychology) or Mathematics to A-level, Advanced Higher, Higher Level in the IB or any other equivalent. For Linguistics, it is helpful for candidates to have studied English Language, Mathematics, a science or any other language. We expect you to have taken and passed any practical component in your chosen science subjects."

They won't be completely prescriptive - it's your IB after all - but if you want to follow what they regard as "recommended" or "helpful" it's all there.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Lord Nutter)
    Any 2 1 degree from a top end university (Especially those that are related - economics, mathematics, etc) will be good starting point.

Focus on networking
    Hmmm,,,, but its not a graduate course???
    International Baccalaureate, not investment banking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Yes it does:

"For Psychology, it is highly recommended for candidates to have studied one or more science subjects (which can include Psychology) or Mathematics to A-level, Advanced Higher, Higher Level in the IB or any other equivalent. For Linguistics, it is helpful for candidates to have studied English Language, Mathematics, a science or any other language. We expect you to have taken and passed any practical component in your chosen science subjects."

They won't be completely prescriptive - it's your IB after all - but if you want to follow what they regard as "recommended" or "helpful" it's all there.
    Yes, sorry I knew that I wasn't being specific enough!! I meant that they don't specify if, say I was doing a science subject higher level, should I do - maths standard or studies --- or say should I do English or Biology higher level if I'm already doing psychology higher level.

I understand that they won't give advice that specific, or be completely prescriptive, but the A-level advice is there and a little bit more useful.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yes, sorry I knew that I wasn't being specific enough!! I meant that they don't specify if, say I was doing a science subject higher level, should I do - maths standard or studies --- or say should I do English or Biology higher level if I'm already doing psychology higher level.

I understand that they won't give advice that specific, or be completely prescriptive, but the A-level advice is there and a little bit more useful.
    Apply A-level advice to IB. You have more subjects anyway, A-level is more restrictive.

But fundamentally pick IB HLs and SLs you enjoy and can do well at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.