Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

You are forced to waste your only life sitting down for something that nowadays leaves you barely employable. Sitting down all day doing mundane labour is a sure way to ruin your mental and physical health. School and Uni do not prepare you for the real world. School is completely different in Finland and is the best in the world according to the WEF. Why do people tolerate having their time abused?

ReputationRep:
    No. Just no.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You're always welcome to move to Finland if that suits you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's hard to describe school work as 'labour'. There are children in other countries that don't have the privilege of a free education so it is a shame that this is your view. I agree that school does a poor job at teaching life skills but that absolutely does not make it abuse.

School is not education
    I did A levels and got A*A*B
    I know nothing about my subjects, its just a memory test.
    You can tell me I am wrong but the evidence is on my side.
    School makes you unemployable unhappy and uneducated.
    People who live in deprived countries deserve education, they do not deserve school as we know it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.