Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AHH! I need help, I really need input on this new website im working on. I need to know how I can make the layout better. Help! Here is the mess of a site. Heeeelp!

photography-master.my-free.website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveLifeAndPie)
    AHH! I need help, I really need input on this new website im working on. I need to know how I can make the layout better. Help! Here is the mess of a site. Heeeelp!

Heeeelp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveLifeAndPie)

You're overthinking it a bit. Simple is almost always better.

My input:
    - Maybe stick with one navigation bar.
    - Maybe don't make the text in the buttons change font when you hover over them.
    - And fewer fonts are easier to grasp. Right now you have two fonts for the buttons on the navigation bar, one font for the logo text, one font for headers and a bunch of other fonts for content text. Try to minimise the amount of fonts you're using and stick to a maximum of maybe 2-3 fonts (but preferably 1-2).
    - And this goes for shapes too. Having squares, triangles and circles all over the website would make the layout look chaotic. Instead of using a mix between rectangles and rounded edge rectangles, try to use more of one. For example, if you make your large home-page picture into a rounded edge rectangle your site will look more in-sync.
    - Maybe don't choose such a strong, epilepsy-inducing color for the background (it draws attention away from the actual content).

And tbh I'm not a big fan of the domain name...but I assume you're only using this domain when experimenting.

Sorry for being rude. Using a free website builder can only get you so far, but fixing some small things can make it look pretty decent.

ReputationRep:
    I like what you've created! But your website seems to look a little similar to others. Why not to apply some original font icons like those on https://www.templatemonster.com/fonts.php ?If you use any of them, the result will be crisp, beautiful graphics on any display

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.