Going to Uni as a Virgin?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Me and my friend will both be starting at different university's in September as virgins (providing a miracle doesn't happen in the next 6 or so months).

Our main worry is it would seem weird to put the 'honour' on a one night stand, from their point of you. "No pressure but you're my first" ...

I also feel like not mentioning it wouldn't be great as I don't exactly want it to hurt more than it has to

Any advice? I'm perfectly okay waiting for the right person one night stand or not
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Hi there,

I am a first year student at university myself and also a virgin. For the record I am 20 as well, so I would so don't worry! The right person will come at the right time.

No good trying to force anything! But I am personally adamant the right person will come along, just focus on your education which is way more important!

Hope this helped!
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me and my friend will both be starting at different university's in September as virgins (providing a miracle doesn't happen in the next 6 or so months).

Our main worry is it would seem weird to put the 'honour' on a one night stand, from their point of you. "No pressure but you're my first" ...

I also feel like not mentioning it wouldn't be great as I don't exactly want it to hurt more than it has to

Any advice? I'm perfectly okay waiting for the right person one night stand or not
It’s completely up to you what you want to do!! Remember that virginity is entirely socially constructed so you don’t have to put any emphasis on it at all. But equally if you do want to wait for a special person then that’s fine too. Just do whatever you’re comfortable with, mention what you’re comfortable with. Don’t feel like one night stands are necessary either, it’s not something anyone should feel like they should just because they’re young and at uni.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please don't do this, it's really cringe.

Half the student population are virgins.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.53%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed