Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

am i gona fail?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Starting later than tomorrow is worse🤷*♀️

so its possible to revise in 3 months?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Stop procrastinating and start revising now, make it an all nighter if you have too. Dont be a failure, you will regret it. If you think its impossible for you to do so, you better start looking into extenuating circumstances and come up with a good excuse😂

Some revision is better than no revision, so there's that. Whether or not it's "too late" depends on too much so don't worry about it and just get **** done.

for what? A Levels or GCSE's?

If it's GCSE's I can't help you too much cos' I did mine pre-reform (2015), but for A Levels? probs not.

My exams were in mid June, so if the same is true for you, that's 4 whole months you have to prep. I didn't even start revising Bio (for one of the hardest exam boards going, WJEC Eduqas) until 3 nights before and came out with a B.

The important thing isn't time so much at this point, more so how effectively you use it.

Are you consolidating knowledge and exercising that knowledge in practice papers/questions? (don't exhaust all your past papers in Feb btw)
    Are you honing in on your exam technique, checking to see how examiners want to see their answered laid out?
    Are you reading examiners reports, which are vastly underrated and offer you insight as to how to improve upon answers where your predecessors fell?

The time is definitely there, but time alone will do jack sh*t for your exam chances.

Also, one last thing that I wish people had told me before my exams - your mentality is just as important as the practice you put in. Sounds bare obvious, but, anxiety + stress is infinitely worse than a lack of prep imo, because it robs you of all the effort you put in.

Think about being in the exam hall and coming up against a 2 mark question that you have no clue how to answer - then seeing a 5 mark question that needs the answer to that 2 mark question to get the full marks - are you going to crumble?

Is the rest of the paper going to be brought down as well?

How are you going to cope with being in an exam position whereby you're struggling - if you stay calm, you've got a cracking chance of still doing well. Focus on your anti-anxiety mechanisms; breathe, remember, inside the exam hall, it's YOU who's in control, everything's in your hands, think of it as an opportunity rather than a daunting prospect - you'll smash it.

EDIT; I forgot to skeet.

How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful revision links

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.