Turn on thread page Beta

*DO NOT READ* The most boring GYG in the history of GYGs. watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by indie.sxnds)

Day 15 - afternoon:

So, I'm back from my interview! I honestly have no idea on how well it went, I'm actually scared I sounded too rehearsed although I barely prepped anything! I kept stuttering and repeating words and I don't know if I sounded too formal. Honestly I'm hoping it was enough to get accepted, I met a really nice group of girls who I also worked with for the group task, which was definitely more fun and laid back than the whole interview process.

If I could change anything about the interview, I wish I spoke more casually, and talked more about my extracurricular activity. Nervous. Really nervous. There were so many other aspirational students there, and I don't know if I was enough. Maybe I'm overthinking, but I dont find out till next month if I've got an offer of a place
    With these things, it's always really difficult to tell how they actually went, as it's really hard to know what they were actually looking for in the first place! As long as you know you tried your best in the moment, then all you can do now is wait and be content with that

Day 15 - evening:

Not much to update here, I actually spent the day doing v little revision, also I kinda wanted to take my mind off working for a few hours, ya feel? So I met up with a friend in town and we just hung around oxford street etc, mostly eating lmao. It was good to just forget about revision lol it felt like my year 9/10 days were back buuuut now I'm ready to spend the rest of the evening studying (yikes)

I say yikes a lot, yikes. Sorry if it triggers you
    Well done for taking some time out for yourself- it's really important Hope you have a productive evening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    With these things, it's always really difficult to tell how they actually went, as it's really hard to know what they were actually looking for in the first place! As long as you know you tried your best in the moment, then all you can do now is wait and be content with that

Well done for taking some time out for yourself- it's really important Hope you have a productive evening
    Thank you, that's actually reassured me a bit

ReputationRep:

Day 17: 26th Feb 2018

No entry post for yesterday, apart from revising topic 1 biology mostly procrastinated and ended up staying up too late doing papers for business, german maths and geography lol.

I've been up since around 5, and then at 8 ish we had to go to physio. It snowed this morning so that made a great view, but omg its beyond freezing! Also the physiotherapist pushed me soooo hard today, the exercises today were near impossible - but I made it through to end, and I love her really. In terms of my spine I've made immense progress! I know a lot of people hate the hospital but I honestly have always just loved being in that environment, it's really somewhere I'd like to see myself working in a good few years.

Not sure if anyones reading this but if so hows your Monday? I realised I've never really asked this, and if you have a GYG, tag me in it!

Gonna head off now and, - try - not to procrastinate. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Day 18; 27th Feb - afternoon

What the!! I'm unaware of whats going on in terms of weather in other cities but if you live in London like me, you're probably thinking what the ****! I wasn't going to post until later but I was taking a break from revising RS when I turned around and saw the "blizzard" outside my window:shock: Like wow London really? I can't even remember the last time it fully snowed like this. Not sure if its going to settle lol but its freezingggg:snow:anyone outside please stay warm, and help others that might need it

Typical. So by the time it took me to finish writing this up (2 minutes) its stopped snowing and now the suns out. shows over kids

ReputationRep:

Day 18; 27th Feb - afternoon

What the!! I'm unaware of whats going on in terms of weather in other cities but if you live in London like me, you're probably thinking what the ****! I wasn't going to post until later but I was taking a break from revising RS when I turned around and saw the "blizzard" outside my window:shock: Like wow London really? I can't even remember the last time it fully snowed like this. Not sure if its going to settle lol but its freezingggg:snow:anyone outside please stay warm, and help others that might need it

Typical. So by the time it took me to finish writing this up (2 minutes) its stopped snowing and now the suns out. shows over kids
    The weather here in London is bipolar af. There could be a raging blizzard one moment then blazing sunshine the next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihatelife2)
    The weather here in London is bipolar af. There could be a raging blizzard one moment then blazing sunshine the next.
    Story of my life. You walk out with a coat on and 2 seconds later its boiling outside.

ReputationRep:
    Story of my life. You walk out with a coat on and 2 seconds later its boiling outside.
    Sooo true.

ReputationRep:

Day 20; 1st March

I wasn't going to post today. I felt like what went on didn't really belong in this blog, and that its not the same / revision related as all my other posts so far, but I know that when I made this, I promised to myself and in my first post that I'd be brutally honest, so here I am.
    You’ve just entered and trespassed a thread to be filled with struggles, tears,
    I got the tears bit right. Today was supposed to be my first day of proper revision and as you can tell it wasn't. I have so much going on right now, I don't even know where to begin. The pressure to get top grades is so full on and combined with my health, and other stuff i couldn't take it anymore, so I cried, a lot. I don't really know what else to say apart from the fact that if you're going through a hard time, with school, friends, family, whatever, you'll get through it, and don't give up. I really could use with some motivation right now, but I need sleep lol, goodnight.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Day 20; 1st March

I wasn't going to post today. I felt like what went on didn't really belong in this blog, and that its not the same / revision related as all my other posts so far, but I know that when I made this, I promised to myself and in my first post that I'd be brutally honest, so here I am.

I got the tears bit right. Today was supposed to be my first day of proper revision and as you can tell it wasn't. I have so much going on right now, I don't even know where to begin. The pressure to get top grades is so full on and combined with my health, and other stuff i couldn't take it anymore, so I cried, a lot. I don't really know what else to say apart from the fact that if you're going through a hard time, with school, friends, family, whatever, you'll get through it, and don't give up. I really could use with some motivation right now, but I need sleep lol, goodnight.
    :wavey:

Sorry to hear you've been struggling and had a bad day Keep going, because you can do it Just remember to keep puting yourself and your health first

PS- Put whatever you like in this blog- it's your blog :yes:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

Sorry to hear you've been struggling and had a bad day Keep going, because you can do it Just remember to keep puting yourself and your health first

PS- Put whatever you like in this blog- it's your blog :yes:
    Thanks it means a lot It's really difficult but I'm going to keep trying my best

ReputationRep:

Day 21; March 2nd

Today was better than yesterday, music really does save lives lmao, I started it off with some Geography revision on topic 1, a business past paper, some maths revision on surds,and then a maths past paper. So far for the evening, I've revised some mandarin, a few exam style questions for biology, and and RS exam. Aiming to go to bed early tonight, so I'm going to test myself on Global Hazards stuff I went over this morning, and then head off to bed. :sleep:

Also - I was supposed to return to school today for the first time since my op but we had anOTher snow day:snow:theres supposed to be a storm tonight ughhh its literally ruining my weekend plans lol. But if you see anyone homeless on the streets, please call this number 0300 500 0914 and stay safe

PS- who here likes indie music?

ReputationRep:
    No way. I'm in yr 11 and had spinal fusion surgery in December as well, for scoliosis, so as you can imagine, I was a way of with my mock results as well. Whilst I am back at school now, I completely get what you are going through, as I found being off really inconvenient. If its any constellation, at my school they say they expect you to go up by around 2 grades by the GCSE.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Day 21; March 2nd

Today was better than yesterday, music really does save lives lmao, I started it off with some Geography revision on topic 1, a business past paper, some maths revision on surds,and then a maths past paper. So far for the evening, I've revised some mandarin, a few exam style questions for biology, and and RS exam. Aiming to go to bed early tonight, so I'm going to test myself on Global Hazards stuff I went over this morning, and then head off to bed. :sleep:

Also - I was supposed to return to school today for the first time since my op but we had anOTher snow day:snow:theres supposed to be a storm tonight ughhh its literally ruining my weekend plans lol. But if you see anyone homeless on the streets, please call this number 0300 500 0914 and stay safe

PS- who here likes indie music?
    Glad to hear you had a more productive and overall better day today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George____t)
    No way. I'm in yr 11 and had spinal fusion surgery in December as well, for scoliosis, so as you can imagine, I was a way of with my mock results as well. Whilst I am back at school now, I completely get what you are going through, as I found being off really inconvenient. If its any constellation, at my school they say they expect you to go up by around 2 grades by the GCSE.
    crazy! Good to know that you're well now, and yeah, it's so annoying! Thank you my school said the same

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear you had a more productive and overall better day today
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    crazy! Good to know that you're well now, and yeah, it's so annoying! Thank you my school said the same
    I hope you get better soon, as I know it can be a pain in the bum to be off school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George____t)
    I hope you get better soon, as I know it can be a pain in the bum to be off school.
    Yeah it is haha, and thank you

ReputationRep:

Day 23; March 3rd

I'm sick HOnestly when do I not complain about the weather. It feels like I have the worst cold ever and that really doesn't help when I've got so much revision to do! I did go through all of separate chem 1, and then did a german reading practice paper, after spending most of the day resting

Also I recommend my-gcsescience to everyone as a good revision source, I can't say for sure how much its helped me because I haven't sat the actual gcse yet, but I think the videos and exam questions are a great way of practicing stuff from the course The notes they give you save a lot of time too
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Day 23; March 3rd

I'm sick HOnestly when do I not complain about the weather. It feels like I have the worst cold ever and that really doesn't help when I've got so much revision to do! I did go through all of separate chem 1, and then did a german reading practice paper, after spending most of the day resting

Also I recommend my-gcsescience to everyone as a good revision source, I can't say for sure how much its helped me because I haven't sat the actual gcse yet, but I think the videos and exam questions are a great way of practicing stuff from the course The notes they give you save a lot of time too
    Hope you feel a bit better soon Everyone seems to be coming down with something at the moment! Well done for persevering, but don't push yourself too hard when you're not well

Don't know if plans have changed due to the snow and you not being well, but good luck with going back to school if it's this week

ReputationRep:
    Hope you feel a bit better soon Everyone seems to be coming down with something at the moment! Well done for persevering, but don't push yourself too hard when you're not well

Don't know if plans have changed due to the snow and you not being well, but good luck with going back to school if it's this week
    Literally! And thank you i’ll try not to haha. The snow has put things back a little in terms of school, but I should be finally back this week!

Also I keep trying to rep you but it constantly says I have to rep more people!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.