Turn on thread page Beta

*DO NOT READ* The most boring GYG in the history of GYGs. watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by indie.sxnds)
    The power of the internet my friend, the power of the internet:wink:youtube can teach you how to make anything Not sure if my frappe is Starbucks' standard, hopefully it does the job haha
    I can be a bit of an internet granny sometimes
    Have a good sleep (if you can after the frappe!) And good luck if you're getting up early

ReputationRep:
    I tried this morning - mission impossible. There's always tomorrow? haha
    I guess😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    I can be a bit of an internet granny sometimes
    Have a good sleep (if you can after the frappe!) And good luck if you're getting up early
    Thanks, you aswell I'm too hyper to sleep now!!!!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Day 32; March 12th

So I officially started this blog over a month ago! - which I know is a lot less than some people haha

I did minimal revision this weekend but cracking on this week. Ever since my op, whenever I get up even after short periods of time, I get this visual aura, where I can't see anything, followed by dizziness for like a minute and a headache, so I went for an eye test this morning. Good news is my prescription for my glasses is lower than before now, and my sight is great, but I may be suffering from migraines (I hope thats all) I've got to speak with the doctors at the hospital on friday about it, since its only came on after my surgery

In other news, I FINALLY put together a revision timetable, which I solemnly swear to try my absolute best to stick to. I really keep procrastinating, which is the worst, because I'd hate to come out on results day knowing I should've tried harder.

Mainly focused on Biology and Mandarin revision, and got some of my german friends to help me form some speaking answers

going to bed early tonight, aiming for a 5am start, which i don't know why I'm even attempting, because it just won't happen. Oh well, no harm in dreaming to be dedicated. nightttttt. :sleep:

(also, I forgot, I made templates for my timetable, so if anyone wants, just let me know and I'll post it on here/send it to you.)
    Happy 1 month anniversary

Well done on making a timetable Has it been helping?

That's not very good with what you've been getting since your op Hope they can figure out what it is and it's not too serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    Happy 1 month anniversary

Well done on making a timetable Has it been helping?

That's not very good with what you've been getting since your op Hope they can figure out what it is and it's not too serious
    Thanks!! The timetable has been useful, because it presents a sort of structure to my messy, unorganized lifebut so far I constantly have to make adjustments on what subjects/topics and when, which is so annoying, any tips?

As for my health, thank you! I'm looking forward to going to the hospital on friday, but I'm slightly nervous as to what they might say... On the other hand I'm so fascinated by the human body I could literally stay and talk to them for hours on end about my spine

ReputationRep:

Day 35: March 15th

Another day in the matrix. Here’s a breakdown of today’s madness:

(by far the corniest yet coolest intro i’ve done since making this GYG)

Morning; So I’m really starting to believe this whole 5am wake up thing isn’t going to work. It literally only happens when I DON'T need to wake up at 5. sigh

So I got to school (duh) and this morning my year group had a talk from a company that researches efficient revision techniques/how to get the best exam results etc. I actually found it beneficial, and it definitely picked up on some of my bad study habits *cough* taking an eternity to write notes *cough* cramming *cough**cough* stressing out *cough*

Afternoon; I genuinely think Physics is just chasing me everywhere I go. I had to spend my lunch going through the last few topics of the course (electromagnetic induction & density etc) AGAIN with my teacher, which turned out to be not so bad. Literally, let me do a few exam style questions this weekend and I guarantee you I’m the master of Magnetism. :cool:

After lunch, I went through English Language P2 with my teacher on like a 1 to 1 sort of thing, if only every lesson was like this!

I’m struggling a little adjusting back into my classes, for Chemistry I finished the topic we’re currently studying, so I’m ahead of the class. But for german, I have no idea where I’m at(probably miles behind).

But, I mean having difficulty adjusting not just in terms of work. In English yesterday, almost everyone in my class was acting “salty” towards me because it was my first lesson back, and I don’t know, no one was expecting me to have as much ‘input’ to the lesson as I did, because I’d been off school for two months. It just makes life at school more awkward than what it already is.

I don’t know how to explain that without sounding like a “show-off” because that is by far not my intentions!!! Looking at my english grade is one thing, then you’d see german and laugh, ahah it’s all about balance though right.

I’m not even sure if anyone reading this will actually have a clue what i’m on about, neither do I, but I’ve got the worst migraine ever! I’ve had it all day now, (pretty sure this blog has straight up been me complaining) but it’s been getting in the way of all my work, especially revision after school

Evening; I barely did anything tonight, just touched up on some Biology.

So to summarize, I’m just not feeling that great. Mentally, a little down and physically, I feel so sick, like I can't describe.I hate it when health interferes with school, but I’ll let everyone know how the hospital appointment goes tomorrow.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Day 35: March 15th

Another day in the matrix. Here’s a breakdown of today’s madness:

(by far the corniest yet coolest intro i’ve done since making this GYG)

Morning; So I’m really starting to believe this whole 5am wake up thing isn’t going to work. It literally only happens when I DON'T need to wake up at 5. sigh

So I got to school (duh) and this morning my year group had a talk from a company that researches efficient revision techniques/how to get the best exam results etc. I actually found it beneficial, and it definitely picked up on some of my bad study habits *cough* taking an eternity to write notes *cough* cramming *cough**cough* stressing out *cough*

Afternoon; I genuinely think Physics is just chasing me everywhere I go. I had to spend my lunch going through the last few topics of the course (electromagnetic induction & density etc) AGAIN with my teacher, which turned out to be not so bad. Literally, let me do a few exam style questions this weekend and I guarantee you I’m the master of Magnetism. :cool:

After lunch, I went through English Language P2 with my teacher on like a 1 to 1 sort of thing, if only every lesson was like this!

I’m struggling a little adjusting back into my classes, for Chemistry I finished the topic we’re currently studying, so I’m ahead of the class. But for german, I have no idea where I’m at(probably miles behind).

But, I mean having difficulty adjusting not just in terms of work. In English yesterday, almost everyone in my class was acting “salty” towards me because it was my first lesson back, and I don’t know, no one was expecting me to have as much ‘input’ to the lesson as I did, because I’d been off school for two months. It just makes life at school more awkward than what it already is.

I don’t know how to explain that without sounding like a “show-off” because that is by far not my intentions!!! Looking at my english grade is one thing, then you’d see german and laugh, ahah it’s all about balance though right.

I’m not even sure if anyone reading this will actually have a clue what i’m on about, neither do I, but I’ve got the worst migraine ever! I’ve had it all day now, (pretty sure this blog has straight up been me complaining) but it’s been getting in the way of all my work, especially revision after school

Evening; I barely did anything tonight, just touched up on some Biology.

So to summarize, I’m just not feeling that great. Mentally, a little down and physically, I feel so sick, like I can't describe.I hate it when health interferes with school, but I’ll let everyone know how the hospital appointment goes tomorrow.
    School sounds awful, I completely understand what you mean by them being “salty” (it’s a word commonly used here looool) and sometimes I guess it’s difficult to understand why.
    Out of curiosity, are you gradually being brought back into lessons or do you just have a really long lunch break?
    You’re not showing off, you worked hard for two months and have probably shocked their socks off
    I hope the hospital appointment goes well and they figure out what’s causing your migranes

ReputationRep:
    School sounds awful, I completely understand what you mean by them being “salty” (it’s a word commonly used here looool) and sometimes I guess it’s difficult to understand why.
    Out of curiosity, are you gradually being brought back into lessons or do you just have a really long lunch break?
    You’re not showing off, you worked hard for two months and have probably shocked their socks off
    I hope the hospital appointment goes well and they figure out what’s causing your migranes
    Haha, school is awful I can't wait to finish, but at the same time I really need these next two months to go sloooooooooooowly
    My return is "phased", so usually it'd be something like mornings then go home, but I just go by my timetable on lessons that are most important, eg if I had games first thing, I'd stay at home for a bit and study, or if one of my teachers had a free period, I'd do some 1 to 1 with them
    Also, thanks, it means a lot hearing it from someone else:hugs:
    I just got back from the hospital, unfortunately I didn't get to see my doctor because he got called into theater last minute (is this what I'm signing up for in a few years?:dry:) however, he looked at my x rays and all is well with that, only thing is we didn't get to mention anything about my migraines ) I got rebooked for 3 months time literally a week after I finish GCSEs, but my mom's(ugh I just really prefer the american spelling yikes) going to chase it up on Monday haha
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haha, school is awful I can't wait to finish, but at the same time I really need these next two months to go sloooooooooooowly
    My return is "phased", so usually it'd be something like mornings then go home, but I just go by my timetable on lessons that are most important, eg if I had games first thing, I'd stay at home for a bit and study, or if one of my teachers had a free period, I'd do some 1 to 1 with them
    Also, thanks, it means a lot hearing it from someone else:hugs:
    I just got back from the hospital, unfortunately I didn't get to see my doctor because he got called into theater last minute (is this what I'm signing up for in a few years?:dry:) however, he looked at my x rays and all is well with that, only thing is we didn't get to mention anything about my migraines ) I got rebooked for 3 months time literally a week after I finish GCSEs, but my mom's(ugh I just really prefer the american spelling yikes) going to chase it up on Monday haha
    That makes sense
    Oh no that's annoying, hopefully they can help a bit earlier?!
    I hope the rest of your day was good

ReputationRep:

Day 40; March 20th

Time is going by too quickly, I can't deal!! :eek2:Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, there wasn't much to put, as I literally spent the most part of the weekend doing nothing! It mean't i had a lot to catch up on this week

Today however, was fairly productive:

Maths - Vectors

Physics - Electromagnetic Induction (AGAIN)

Chemistry - Separate Chemistry 2 , I just worked on Qualitative & Instrumental Analysisand then on Seneca - (by the way, today they updated the site
    to add courses for Edexcel GCSE History, and AQA PE, for anyone who does those subjects. I don't, just waiting on Geography to be added aghh:argh:)

Maths - again, just went over some weak topics from my mock

Mandarin - revised some vocab on Quizlet; the most annoying thing my recognition is usually good for reading, but I constantly mess up on the listening!

And now, before I head off to sleep, I need to finish an assessment on global hazards I hope everyone had a good day today, I stayed and worked from home today because physically I don't think my spine was up for it

Something I'll open up to (*rare alert*) is that recently I've kinda been struggling with comparing myself to others, in terms of revision but I'm slowly accepting the whole quality not quantity thing. Also it really sucks that they've ditched the whole AS thing in A-Level because that means universities are really counting on GCSE grades a lot more. AKA there's a constant reminder in my head that if I don't do well, I won't get into med school:cry2:

Goodnight everyone, maybe I'll post tomorrow?

ReputationRep:

Day 40; March 20th

Time is going by too quickly, I can't deal!! :eek2:Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, there wasn't much to put, as I literally spent the most part of the weekend doing nothing! It mean't i had a lot to catch up on this week

Today however, was fairly productive:

Maths - Vectors

Physics - Electromagnetic Induction (AGAIN)

Chemistry - Separate Chemistry 2 , I just worked on Qualitative & Instrumental Analysisand then on Seneca - (by the way, today they updated the site
    to add courses for Edexcel GCSE History, and AQA PE, for anyone who does those subjects. I don't, just waiting on Geography to be added aghh:argh:)

Maths - again, just went over some weak topics from my mock

Mandarin - revised some vocab on Quizlet; the most annoying thing my recognition is usually good for reading, but I constantly mess up on the listening!

And now, before I head off to sleep, I need to finish an assessment on global hazards I hope everyone had a good day today, I stayed and worked from home today because physically I don't think my spine was up for it

Something I'll open up to (*rare alert*) is that recently I've kinda been struggling with comparing myself to others, in terms of revision but I'm slowly accepting the whole quality not quantity thing. Also it really sucks that they've ditched the whole AS thing in A-Level because that means universities are really counting on GCSE grades a lot more. AKA there's a constant reminder in my head that if I don't do well, I won't get into med school:cry2:

Goodnight everyone, maybe I'll post tomorrow?
    Same here. I'm waiting for so many subjects on Seneca. It looks like it has a lot of potential.

ReputationRep:
    YOU CAN DO THIS!! :rave:
    i think for certain subjects, you can opt to do the AS. It means nothing if you do the A-level but it does mean that unis have a better idea of what kind of student you are, because you can apply with AS grades :yes:
    ps. you're great just the way you are... and you'll feel better if you stop comparing yourself to others (trust me... I did it too) as for revision, i'm sure there are some who haven't even started so as long as you've started some, it's better than not doing anything at all. :yep:
    pps. thanks for tagging me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihatelife2)
    Same here. I'm waiting for so many subjects on Seneca. It looks like it has a lot of potential.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    YOU CAN DO THIS!! :rave:
    i think for certain subjects, you can opt to do the AS. It means nothing if you do the A-level but it does mean that unis have a better idea of what kind of student you are, because you can apply with AS grades :yes:
    ps. you're great just the way you are... and you'll feel better if you stop comparing yourself to others (trust me... I did it too) as for revision, i'm sure there are some who haven't even started so as long as you've started some, it's better than not doing anything at all. :yep:
    pps. thanks for tagging me
    Aw thanks for the motivation!!:hugs:I doubt they offer AS for Bio, Chem or Maths, but I suppose it's worth me finding out
    You're welcome!:heart:

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks for the motivation!!:hugs:I doubt they offer AS for Bio, Chem or Maths, but I suppose it's worth me finding out
    You're welcome!:heart:
    they do :yes: it's just a matter of whether your school signs you up for it or not. ofc you could always do them outside of school.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    they do :yes: it's just a matter of whether your school signs you up for it or not. ofc you could always do them outside of school.
    Oh, thank you!!

ReputationRep:

Day 50: March 30th

10 days since I last updated on here!! The past week (and a half) has been insanely busy:burnout:

But here's a rundown of - most of - it:
    (I feel like if you read this post at 100mph you'll get the intended effect of how I feel:hellloo::work:)
    I've pretty much spent the last week printing off every past/practice paper in existence known to man, sorry trees!:tree::sorry:
    I'm also in the process of signing up for a medicine summer school where I have to write up a mini-personal statement, so I've asked my english teacher for some help, turns out his friend works for medical applications etc so they're helping me out with that, but the wait for the email feedback is slighhhhtly agonising:argh::afraid:and the deadline is sunday! But I trust my teacher will get back to me soon, fingers crossed I get accepted!:crossedf:

Speaking of acceptance... I got a conditional offer from LAE! I'm so excited, all I have to do now is meet the requirements, my predicted grades say I will, but you know when you're so stressed you feel otherwise anyway, I'm just so happy I got the offer!

I also had to write a narrative for english and used a new technique I'd never tried before- and got an 8/9 (35/40) ! I'm super pleased with my result and if I keep using this method, hopefully I'll maintain that grade! The only main issue was legibility! Usually my handwriting is decent, but I'd crossed out so much this time it was a mess, so thats what let me down on the spag aspect

In other news, I found out my REAL german speaking exam is in less than a month! And I barely know one question :zomg:

I also have to perfect my BSA write-up(which we all know I've been doing forever:rolleyes:), do my english presentation thing, economics controlled assessment, mandarin speaking/writing controlled assessment (because I was away for surgery) aaaaand science p2 mocks after easter! heeeelp:help:

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem on seneca, but sometimes when you go to click "correct", "continue" etc it freezes, and you have to reset your progress?

Any way, I hope everyone has a great day, and takes care of themselves, I'm going to prep some german now, I also went out and got a triple iced caramel latte this morning and I still feel tired!:coffee: (sorry I promise not to complain anymore!)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That’s so lovely of your teacher helping you, good luck with the application:hugs:
    ASDFGHJKL THAT’S A LOT OF CONTROLLED ASSESSMENTS!! try not to get too stressed about them, you can do it :thumbsup:
    Yes, I’ve had a similar issue with Seneca how’s tassomai going?
    yay well done on the offer from LAE, I considered applying but I live way to far away so it wouldn’t have been worth it :cry:
    Did you get your migraines sorted out?
    Have a lovely day :love:

ReputationRep:
    That’s so lovely of your teacher helping you, good luck with the application:hugs:
    ASDFGHJKL THAT’S A LOT OF CONTROLLED ASSESSMENTS!! try not to get too stressed about them, you can do it :thumbsup:
    Yes, I’ve had a similar issue with Seneca how’s tassomai going?
    yay well done on the offer from LAE, I considered applying but I live way to far away so it wouldn’t have been worth it :cry:
    Did you get your migraines sorted out?
    Have a lovely day :love:
    Thank you! aksojdks you do keyboard smashes too haha! Most of my friends are like "ru okay, do you need help?" whenever I use them

Also, I haven't used Tassomai in a few weeks now, I know my wheel is definitely full redbut I've kinda gone off of it, and been too busy to use it for an hour to go up by 1%(I really hope I'm not making a huge mistake here)

Thank you! Yeah, I live kinda close by, whereas my current school is so far away! I know you got an offer from KCL Maths School right? Pleaseeee teach me your mathematical ways!!

As for the migraine problem, my consultant at the hospital is looking into it but its so hard to get through to them! We're going to give them another call today if he's there!:crossedf: thank you for asking though:heart:

ReputationRep:

Day 50: March 30th

10 days since I last updated on here!! The past week (and a half) has been insanely busy:burnout:

But here's a rundown of - most of - it:
    (I feel like if you read this post at 100mph you'll get the intended effect of how I feel:hellloo::work:)
    I've pretty much spent the last week printing off every past/practice paper in existence known to man, sorry trees!:tree::sorry:
    I'm also in the process of signing up for a medicine summer school where I have to write up a mini-personal statement, so I've asked my english teacher for some help, turns out his friend works for medical applications etc so they're helping me out with that, but the wait for the email feedback is slighhhhtly agonising:argh::afraid:and the deadline is sunday! But I trust my teacher will get back to me soon, fingers crossed I get accepted!:crossedf:

Speaking of acceptance... I got a conditional offer from LAE! I'm so excited, all I have to do now is meet the requirements, my predicted grades say I will, but you know when you're so stressed you feel otherwise anyway, I'm just so happy I got the offer!

I also had to write a narrative for english and used a new technique I'd never tried before- and got an 8/9 (35/40) ! I'm super pleased with my result and if I keep using this method, hopefully I'll maintain that grade! The only main issue was legibility! Usually my handwriting is decent, but I'd crossed out so much this time it was a mess, so thats what let me down on the spag aspect

In other news, I found out my REAL german speaking exam is in less than a month! And I barely know one question :zomg:

I also have to perfect my BSA write-up(which we all know I've been doing forever:rolleyes:), do my english presentation thing, economics controlled assessment, mandarin speaking/writing controlled assessment (because I was away for surgery) aaaaand science p2 mocks after easter! heeeelp:help:

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem on seneca, but sometimes when you go to click "correct", "continue" etc it freezes, and you have to reset your progress?

Any way, I hope everyone has a great day, and takes care of themselves, I'm going to prep some german now, I also went out and got a triple iced caramel latte this morning and I still feel tired!:coffee: (sorry I promise not to complain anymore!)
    well done on getting the offer from LAE and the narrative mark.
    Same here as well. My Spanish speaking is in like 3 weeks.
    I hope you get into the medicine summer school. Good luck!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.