Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I've been working at Primark for 2 months now, it's 8 hours on the weekends and I originally came in as a christmas temp but they offered me a permanent role after a month and I accepted because I found it ok back then. Now I'm stuck with strict angry managers who will berate you for the smallest of mistakes and a boring repetitive job and low pay, not to mention the almost 1 hour journey to get there and 1 hour back as well. I've been looking for new jobs, mainly ones that are closer but I've either been rejected or not got a reply. I really hate the job and want to leave but I can't find a new one and I really need the money as well so I can't just quit.

Edit: I applied for a job at EE over a month ago, they actually called me over a week ago but I wasn't able to pick up the phone. Tried calling back and texting them to arrange time to speak but have had no response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyShorrock)
    I really hate the job and want to leave but I can't find a new one and I really need the money as well so I can't just quit.
    Hi,

First of all, I'm really sorry you're feeling this way. It sucks to feel cornered in a job where you desperately want to leave but can't due to financial dilemmas. I'd recommend you to continue applying for jobs, the job market is constantly changing and you want to be there at every best available opportunity. Just by applying, there's still a chance you'll get a response as opposed to not applying at all which will have your chances cut to 0%.

For the rejections you've had, have you asked for feedback? This will help in terms of figuring out what went wrong, although, it's sometimes the case where nothing was wrong since there may have just been another person with slightly more experience, qualifications, etc. It may be the case that you were absolutely qualified for the job but someone else just had a slight leverage over you.

You can also receive help with things like your CV and filling out application forms if you'd like. Websites like Prospects and the National Careers Service offers these services, and you can also contact an adviser if you want to find out more about specific careers. They may also provide insight into certain tips and tricks to get that job you want.

Hope this helps. Take care and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyShorrock)
    Hi, so I've been working at Primark for 2 months now, originally came in as a christmas temp but they offered me a permanent role after a month and I accepted because I found it ok back then. Now I'm stuck with strict angry managers who will berate you for the smallest of mistakes and a boring repetitive job and low pay, not to mention the almost 1 hour journey to get there and 1 hour back as well. I've been looking for new jobs, mainly ones that are closer but I've either been rejected or not got a reply. I really hate the job and want to leave but I can't find a new one and I really need the money as well so I can't just quit.

Edit: I applied for a job at EE over a month ago, they actually called me over a week ago but I wasn't able to pick up the phone. Tried calling back and texting them to arrange time to speak but have had no response.
    Which primark is this located at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny07)
    Hi,

First of all, I'm really sorry you're feeling this way. It sucks to feel cornered in a job where you desperately want to leave but can't due to financial dilemmas. I'd recommend you to continue applying for jobs, the job market is constantly changing and you want to be there at every best available opportunity. Just by applying, there's still a chance you'll get a response as opposed to not applying at all which will have your chances cut to 0%.

For the rejections you've had, have you asked for feedback? This will help in terms of figuring out what went wrong, although, it's sometimes the case where nothing was wrong since there may have just been another person with slightly more experience, qualifications, etc. It may be the case that you were absolutely qualified for the job but someone else just had a slight leverage over you.

You can also receive help with things like your CV and filling out application forms if you'd like. Websites like Prospects and the National Careers Service offers these services, and you can also contact an adviser if you want to find out more about specific careers. They may also provide insight into certain tips and tricks to get that job you want.

Hope this helps. Take care and good luck!
    Hi, most of the replies I got were the generic 'due to the high number of applicants' responses. I probably should have clarified this is a part time job which is only weekends. I'm applying to new jobs all the time but every weekend, my morale just completely drops because of the job. I really appreciate the feedback, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guinevere Arthur)
    Which primark is this located at?
    Manchester Picadilly

ReputationRep:
    you shouldn't be feeling like this; I had similar problems at my store with my manager calling me names and being rude in general. speak to HR or your store manager who can iron out any wrinkles.if your manager or supervisor speaks to you in a disrespectful manner and you feel comfortable enough then say you want to have a chat with them and explain how you're feeling; say you don't appreciate how you are being treated. this usually helps as managers don't think staff will be confident like this lolremember human resources are there for you and are a confident bunch of people- likewise if there's a particular supervisor, manager or even colleague who you are comfortable with you can ask for their help too. if you quit then that manager won't ever know how rude they are unless they're toldif you speak to manager, speak to HR and speak to store manager and there's still no improvement then write a letter to head office. someone from head office will then come out and speak to other staff to help deal with the situationremember to smile! hope you find a role that perfectly suits you soon

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.