Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!
    I’m in a serious dilemma. I seriously hate my job- I’m not exaggerating. My boss is so horrible, he shouts at me, blames me for everything, laughs at me when I do things wrong, he never wants to speak to me and all he talks about it’s football. I work in a cafe/ sandwich shop. I’m always under pressure. All the customers can see what you are doing so they just stare at you when you make their food or drinks- this then gives them an opportunity to complain or boss me around. I’ve mentioned this to my boss and all he says is “All customers are right!!”. He had a massive go at me in front of all the customers. He’s made me want to cry twice ( I don’t usually cry often). It’s only a Saturday job, I get £25 for 5 hours. When I started I was promised that I was gonna work for 12 hours over two days, this would give me £60 a week. But he changed his mind when I started working there. I’ve got work tomorrow and I’m seriously debating whether to text him saying “I quit” and not go in tomorrow. Any advice on what I should really do?
    Thanks for reading!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Sounds like you are in a bit of a dilemma. But that’s ok, it’s obvious that you’re not enjoying you’re job at all. But you should. You start working around the age of 16-17, and you will continue working until you are around 60-70. This is over half your life gone. You have to (100%) spend it doing something you love, and so I’m going to say take the risk. You will find something you will enjoy doing, rather than ending up regretting working at what sounds like a hell-hole 😂😂 if you are in a financial difficulty atm, then maybe continue for a little longer until you find another secure job. Good luck in everything you decide to do xxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for reply!!
    I’m 16 and I live with my parents so I’m not worried about money. I hardly spend anything and I’m not skint. I’m trying to save up for a car. My sister says that it’s mean to quit when I’m supposed to work tomorrow, is she right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elbell01)
    Hi, thanks for reply!!
    I’m 16 and I live with my parents so I’m not worried about money. I hardly spend anything and I’m not skint. I’m trying to save up for a car. My sister says that it’s mean to quit when I’m supposed to work tomorrow, is she right?
    Yh I get what you’re sister is saying. Maybe going for the traditional two week notice is the best approach? But I think you should definitely quit. You’re not happy there, and frankly no amount of money is worth your happiness. Go to work tomorrow and completely determine how you feel. They say that having a job is something responsible, but what you’re doing is something far more responsible. Take the power back into your own hands 😂😂 xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.