Turn on thread page Beta

what's your honest opinion of me? watch

Announcements

(Original post by hannxm)
    So let's go through this one by one...

You don't have to go to university. If it's not for you, it's not for you and that's okay. I know what it feels like to feel like the outcast. I've only just started one at 22 but you can do a degree whenever so there's no time limit on education.

You will get one eventually, especially if you're currently looking for one.

Friends are overrated. They come around and then leave just as quick. It doesn't say anything bad about you.

You're not the only 22 year old virgin who finds it difficult to talk to girls. It's a skill that you have to work on.

Many 22 year olds still live with their parents and have little money. Again, says nothing bad about you.

If you need new clothes, then ask for some money to get some? If not, then is this a big issue to you?

You're miserable possibly because you're thinking about nothing but the negatives or in fact, statements of your life, collecting them together and feeling like you're not worth anything. Anyone could make themselves feel terrible if they always viewed the negatives which is why focusing on the positives is key!

Many people dislike their family members. Nothing wrong with you.

Nothing wrong with being skinny.

Partying and going out all the time is not suited for everyone. Everyone is different so to expect everyone to behave the same is ridiculous. If it's not your thing, then it helps to learn to accept who you are and that you're not just a replica of society.

You're 22. You have a life to make and build. A long life that you can turn into something good. Don't admit defeat now, it's way too early. You're not psychic so don't tell yourself you'll never have friends or a girlfriend, otherwise you will start to believe it. Try telling yourself more positive things.

You're at a low point, that's all. You need support so please speak to someone you know or see a doctor to get some help. But you have the power to change your life around. Sometimes one small change can lead to huge ones with new opportunities and the chance to meet new people.
    can't thank you enough, you're incredible
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

wow i could be a female version of you

(Original post by Anonymous)
    wow i could be a female version of you
    hehe don't say that, you're way better x

ReputationRep:
    Now list the good bits

(Original post by The wifey)
    Now list the good bits
    hmm...

idk, err... I gave a homeless person my caramel cereal squares bar once.
    I'm alright at graphic design, illustration.
    I've volunteered in the past.
    ngl, I'm pretty handsome.
    I'm... out of things that are "good"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    can't thank you enough, you're incredible
    You're welcome. Focusing on the positives is always really helpful. Maybe talk to someone here.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.