Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wearing glasses in exams watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In exams I hate wearing my glasses, but it takes time to take them off and I can't see the time without them. Should I wear them more to get use to them?

ReputationRep:
    Put them on only when you want to see the time?

Or get a watch.

ReputationRep:
    You can usually take a watch into an exam and leave it on your desk, but it mustn't be a smart watch. Best to check with your school first to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilingWombat)
    You can usually take a watch into an exam and leave it on your desk, but it mustn't be a smart watch. Best to check with your school first to make sure.
    Our school doesn't allow watches at all as they ca't be bothered to check if it's a smart watch or not. But thanx for the suggestion

ReputationRep:
    For me it was annoying too but I couldn't stand wearing them for up close for too long.

It is not a good idea to use them for up close if you don't need them. Just wear them when you want to see the time.

ReputationRep:
    It takes time to take your glasses off? What, 2 seconds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    Every second counts! *mind goes blank for five minutes halfway throughout the exam*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aseeb Tariq)
    Every second counts! *mind goes blank for five minutes halfway throughout the exam*
    that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, the time it takes to remove your glasses is negligible and utterly insignificant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel_Chen)
    In exams I hate wearing my glasses, but it takes time to take them off and I can't see the time without them. Should I wear them more to get use to them?
    At first I was like 'but how tf are you meant to see the exam paper??' until I read what you said properly :P

ReputationRep:
    If you really find it disadvantages you in the exam then I would speak to your teacher and see whether a) you can get permission to take in a plain wristwatch, or b) see if you can be seated near to the wall clock so that you can see it without your glasses.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe ask the exam's officer if you can be placed at the front. Explain the situation to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    My eyes don't focus straight after I take them off so... it's mostly just annoying. Plus I sometimes get a headache from wearing my glasses.
    In subjects like history, they expect you to write half a page in 5 minutes. Most papers are a mark per minute and in my physics exam on Friday I forgot to get my glasses out and ended up running out of time for the first time ever. Also they don't give you 5 minute warnings anymore.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    my school didn't allow watches either but they did allow stopwatches so bring one of those

ReputationRep:
    My eyes don't focus straight after I take them off so... it's mostly just annoying. Plus I sometimes get a headache from wearing my glasses.
    In subjects like history, they expect you to write half a page in 5 minutes. Most papers are a mark per minute and in my physics exam on Friday I forgot to get my glasses out and ended up runninת׳g out of time for the first time ever. Also they don't give you 5 minute warnings anymore.
    Sounds like either your prescription is wrong (too strong) or you need a separate prescription for up close.

ReputationRep:
    I wear contact lenses during exams. You might be able to get a free trial. I know Specsavers do them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.