Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How should I go about learning Mandarin? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to learn a new language and decided Mandarin would be a good one but I'm not sure as how to go about it.

Should I learn how to read first or listening to it from other speakers?

Can anyone else who's been learning Mandarin help?

ReputationRep:
    Hello I am a chinese student in York. if you like,you can contact with me. i will so glad to make friend with you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello i am a chinese student in York. If youlike i will gald to make friend with you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    There are a few methods to use depending on how proficient you want to be.
    1. Download resources
    2.1-to-1 Chinese lessons
    Online schools are advantageous in not only saving time but also allowing people to arrange lessons flexibly according to their schedules. I'd like to recommend eChineseLearning, for their high quality service.
    3.Make full use of social software.
    Using social media brings more convenience to people's lives, so you can befriend Chinese people on the social platform. Believe me, you can learn a lot of daily expressions in Mandarin in the process of communication.
    4. Language atmosphere
    I think language atmosphere is so important for a language learner. Listening to Chinese songs and watching Chinese movies can improve your listening skills.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.