Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I dont know what to do with accommodation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do with my university accommodation. I haven't had a good time around in my private university halls due to the people i live with, and due to not living on campus, i haven't made many friends to live with next year. I have though, been asked by another person if i want to go with them for a 2 bed flat. I like the idea of this, but i'm still unsure, as they will be in their final year of uni, whereas i will be in my first. should i stay in private accommodation this next year and hope it will be better, or go for this 2 bed flat?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mrmattayee)
    I don't know what to do with my university accommodation. I haven't had a good time around in my private university halls due to the people i live with, and due to not living on campus, i haven't made many friends to live with next year. I have though, been asked by another person if i want to go with them for a 2 bed flat. I like the idea of this, but i'm still unsure, as they will be in their final year of uni, whereas i will be in my first. should i stay in private accommodation this next year and hope it will be better, or go for this 2 bed flat?
    Cant say its a toss up.
    What you could consider is ask accommodation if they do any get together evenings or advertise yourself to get a new uni household together from other people still looking. that way you all start the same. Maybe the third year would consider it and that way if you can meet a few you get on with then you can continue in second year with them and arent left stranded? Private accomm as halls sounds very pot luck. Much better to have some hook ups and see if you can find 3 ir 4 others who you might get on with and get a house together?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.