Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a student from the USA and am looking into studying abroad in the UK for a semester. My current options are the University of Sheffield or the University of Liverpool. Unfortunately all my other options aren't possible due to receiving transcripts in time. I could attend Queen Mary in London, but I would have to pay more, which I am willing if it is worth paying more for. I have a few questions regarding these Universities, mostly about the overall experience.

I want to base my choice around these factors:
    Nightlife
    Student life
    Social Life at the University
    and the ease of travelling around Europe from these locations.

Based on this what University would be my best choice?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about the other places but Sheffield has lots of students in it due to having 2 universities so is quite student friendly. It's also apparently got one of the best student unions in the country. It's about 1-2 hours away from Manchester and East Midlands airports for travelling in Europe and it's centrally located for travelling around the country.
    You can also get a train from Sheffield to London that only takes a couple of hours if you need to get flights from there.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.