The Student Room Group

Durham vs Warwick for English & History

Hello everybody, I just received all my offers and I’m trying to decide between Durham and Warwick for studying English Literature & History. Unfortunately, as I am not from the UK, I can’t go to the open days so I would really appreciate if anyone has some thoughts regarding this subject. :smile:
Original post by aerinslivermist
Hello everybody, I just received all my offers and I’m trying to decide between Durham and Warwick for studying English Literature & History. Unfortunately, as I am not from the UK, I can’t go to the open days so I would really appreciate if anyone has some thoughts regarding this subject. :smile:
Warwick is very much a campus university as I understand it, whereas Durham is much more of a city environment (if an extremely small city). Durham has an excellent reputation for history particularly. But the most important thing when choosing is looking at which course is more fitting to your interests.:wink:

For instance, if Medieval History is your thing, Durham is full of it.
Thank you for this! I’m interested in Ancient and Medieval history and from what I’ve seen University college looks like a dream for a history lover.
Original post by aerinslivermist
Thank you for this! I’m interested in Ancient and Medieval history and from what I’ve seen University college looks like a dream for a history lover.
With that college in Durham it's only 3rd years who live in the castle I believe.:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest