Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, is it a turn-off if a guy cries? watch

Obviously I don't mean in a film. I mean for emotional reasons or because of mental health problems...

ReputationRep:
    The simple and honest answer is yes, it is a turn off.

The long answer is no, backed up by a lot of untrue ********.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    it's not a turn-off... crying is a natural emotional response everyone has.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I mean if they start crying during a sexual act sure, I'd be turned off :lol:

But like in general if a guy cries, I wouldn't be put off I'd just want to be there for them. Actually it perplexes me how little some guys cry, I mean I cry like on the daily!

ReputationRep:
    I have it backwards. When family die, nothing. Watch an ep of Chicago Fire, floodgates opening every other week.

No, it helps me remember they are human just like me.

No

ReputationRep:
    hopefully. i'm not a "hard" man at all, quite the opposite. and the last time i cried was when i was like 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Obviously I don't mean in a film. I mean for emotional reasons or because of mental health problems...
    Not at all! I would be concerned/find it a turn-off if my boyfriend didn’t cry over deaths or other seriously emotional life experiences. It’s good to show emotion. It’s healthy to cry.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think it is better to cry than to act tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    I mean if they start crying during a sexual act sure, I'd be turned off :lol:

But like in general if a guy cries, I wouldn't be put off I'd just want to be there for them. Actually it perplexes me how little some guys cry, I mean I cry like on the daily!
    i'm genuinely curious about how girls cry so much, i honestly haven't cried in 14 years or something!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Crying is natural. It releases stress. Sadly, I can’t cry anymore, tears just won’t come. Been like this for past 10 years.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CollectiveSoul)
    i'm genuinely curious about how girls cry so much, i honestly haven't cried in 14 years or something!!!
    Honestly I think it's more in our instincts, in my experience guys express more physical anger where as if girls get angry they often just cry (dependant on the person, but I know I do.) I'd say I cry more than the average 18 year old girl but I'm probably just emotionally unstable, like if someone gets at me or something bad happens 90% of the time I just want to burst into tears. Crying lets it out though I suppose, like punching something also would.

This is actually such a hard question to answer! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I think men still feel like crying shows weakness. And I hate it when someone tells you to 'man up' when you cry, as if your gender plays a role in it.

ReputationRep:
    A guy who wants to cry but doesnt because he thinks its weak cos hes a boy is a turn off

ReputationRep:
    In a total of about 13 years, I only ever cried over my first breakup. I do see crying as a weakness because it allows others to manipulate you as they know how you're feeling, not because I am a male, more to do with the lack of trust with everyone. Unless I can read your mind, I won't trust you.

ReputationRep:
    its not a turn off? its not a turn on?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Arima)
    It’s a turn left in 200 yards

ReputationRep:
    No to the hell no? Like I don't get this masculinity ********. Men are emotionally feeling as well. It should be more talked about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    Suppose it's just a neutral thing people do, like shaving or having a poo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.