Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, is it a turn-off if a guy cries? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Suppose it's just a neutral thing people do, like shaving or having a poo.
    I never shave. That’s even more unmanly than crying!

Spoiler:
    Show

Not srs

ReputationRep:
    No.. But all the time yes

No, it would be a turn on because it would mean that this guy feels comfortable enough to release negative emotions through crying despite the stupid stereotypes. If they only cried in front of me, then that is a huge sign of trust so even more appealing although I would be upset seeing this and would try my best to make them feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Men need to start crying more so we can eliminate toxic masculinity from society
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
    i'm genuinely curious about how girls cry so much, i honestly haven't cried in 14 years or something!!!
    I don't think its necessarily a gender thing, that might be part of it but I am female and very rarely cry, while I also have friends who are male are cry relatively often.

I think it's like the height thing with girls: some girls will say that it doesn't matter because 'that's shallow' but in reality they dislike it because it's not something that is attractive, whereas being tough and manly is attractive. I'm fairly sure that I saw a survey a year back or something which showed that women on the whole find emotional men less attractive and prefer stern and manly men, but I can't find it.
    Just play it safe, don't cry because it shows weakness and that's not attractive, she can find a man who doesn't cry who is more attractive.

(Original post by DavidJES)
    The simple and honest answer is yes, it is a turn off.

The long answer is no, backed up by a lot of untrue ********.
    I disagree completely. And seeing how your name is David, I don’t think you are a ‘girl’.

OP. No it isn’t a ‘turn-off’, unless you are doing it whilst having sex haha!

It is perfectly normal to cry and being a guy doesn’t change the that.

If my partner cried in front of me and were able to show his true emotions, that would tell me a lot more about them.

ReputationRep:
    I love that my boyfriend will comfortably be upset around me. It means they trust you with their vulnerability which is amazing ♥️

ReputationRep:
    Normally when my boyfriend is upset after when we cuddle we end up having sex. So if anything it’s a turn on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think it's like the height thing with girls: some girls will say that it doesn't matter because 'that's shallow' but in reality they dislike it because it's not something that is attractive, whereas being tough and manly is attractive. I'm fairly sure that I saw a survey a year back or something which showed that women on the whole find emotional men less attractive and prefer stern and manly men, but I can't find it.
    Just play it safe, don't cry because it shows weakness and that's not attractive, she can find a man who doesn't cry who is more attractive.
    This pretty much. Most girls’ instinct reaction to this thread would be that it’s not a turn off. But people say things. The true reality is that in most situations, crying would be a turn off. Signs of weakness from men turn women off (usually). Most women prefer arrogant men who show strength and masculinity. We all know it, so there’s no point beating about the bush.

I just think most people’s knee jerk reaction to this thread is NOT actually how they’d act in real life in a situation. When you really think about it and answer it honestly, men crying (and more broadly, showing weakness) IS a turn off for most women. We all know it. People often say things because it’s easy to say it, but would act differently.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.