The Student Room Group

Not fully washed conditioner out of hair...

So i’ve just dried my hair only to find out that the centre back of my head is sticky from conditioner - which i obviously didn’t wash out properly, to my annoyance.

if i have a shower early tomorrow morning (about 7:00am) will it get rid of the conditioner, or should i just leave it? if i should have the shower, shall i just rinse it under water with nothing else or should i do my shampoo and conditioner again?

please help I have somewhere very important to be tomorrow!! xx
(edited 6 years ago)
wash your hair again, now?
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
wash your hair again, now?

i can’t, all of my family are asleep and i’ve got to be up early so if i have a shower now, i probably won’t be able to sleep for another hour and a half 😭
having a shower tomorrow morning should get rid of the conditioner- don't see how it shouldn't unless you don't rinse your hair properlu or it somehow attatches itself to your roots.
Reply 4
Original post by entertainmyfaith
having a shower tomorrow morning should get rid of the conditioner- don't see how it shouldn't unless you don't rinse your hair properlu or it somehow attatches itself to your roots.

this may sound like a stupid question, but should i wash it with; just shampoo, shampoo & conditioner or none?
use shampoo and use LESS conditioner than you did before.
ideally, rinse the shampoo thoroughly first with water, massaging it all out. same with the conditioner, you wanna be sure this time.

Top tip: give your hair a flash of cold water for a few seconds at the end, this closes all the cuticles in your hair and prevents frizz ;3
I think you'd be fine just giving it a good rinse in the morning, no need to use any products if you did that tonight. Unless it still feels funny after you've rinsed it then maybe use a little bit of shampoo on the area that feels funny.
Maybe you could see how well you can rinse it out in the sink tonight or brush as much out as you can with a wet comb?
Reply 7
Thank you all for your help, your girl washed her hair again in the morning and it washed out - I must’ve been tired that night as it very rarely happens 😭😭😭
Reply 8
Third world problem!
Hey, I never wash conditoner out of my hair! I even apply more after the shower!
Reply 10
Original post by Pigster
Third world problem!

it really is 😭😭
(edited 6 years ago)
Leave the conditioner in your hair, it will promote moisture, growth and improve the look of your hair!
It also leads to bouncier, fluffier and healthier hair!

Here is a picture of my hair after it dried with conditioner and olive oil still in it!
Reply 12
Original post by erratic_deus
Leave the conditioner in your hair, it will promote moisture, growth and improve the look of your hair!
It also leads to bouncier, fluffier and healthier hair!

Here is a picture of my hair after it dried with conditioner and olive oil still in it!

bloody hell your hair’s gorgeous 😭😭😭 i have basic hair so conditioner just makes me look dirty 😂😭
Original post by baeornot
bloody hell your hair’s gorgeous 😭😭😭 i have basic hair so conditioner just makes me look dirty 😂😭

You don't have basic hair. What is your hair type?
Conditioner will always improve your hair! And use less shampoo. Try to use oil-based shampoos or Shea Moisture!
Shampoo is terrible for hair growth, it strips color and removes shine.
And thanks!
Original post by erratic_deus

IMO, leave out the conditioner and olive oil. It looked better without.
Original post by Pigster
IMO, leave out the conditioner and olive oil. It looked better without.

Left or right?
left 4tw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending