Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE students, how much revision are you doing if any? watch

ReputationRep:
    How many hours a day, what sort of methods are you using?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    it varies for me but right now i'm just prepping all my notes/flashcards. mindmaps have helped me a lot for analysis in english, and for business/economics for science and maths i do notes, and practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring-student)
    it varies for me but right now i'm just prepping all my notes/flashcards. mindmaps have helped me a lot for analysis in english, and for business/economics for science and maths i do notes, and practice.
    Wow we're very similar, mindmaps (for English Lit) and revision cards (for Maths)!

What are your predicted grades looking like, if you don't mind sharing?

I'm hoping for straight '7's with the exception of one '5' and one 'C/D'.

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE I didn't start revising until the day before my first exam - don't do what I did

My sister is in year 11 now, and she's doing similar things to you guys. Our living room has a giant "themes in Journey's End" mindmap stuck on the wall - I feel like I know it quite well now although I've never read the book!

She's also bought a whiteboard, which she's been using for maths + compsci practice. It would probably be cheaper to use a paper and pencil but she likes doing it this way.

ReputationRep:
    Wow we're very similar, mindmaps (for English Lit) and revision cards (for Maths)!

What are your predicted grades looking like, if you don't mind sharing?

I'm hoping for straight '7's with the exception of one '5' and one 'C/D'.
    Hi, my predicted grades are on this post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...676&highlight= with more detail, only because I'm too lazy to type them up here haha and I also posted this thing because I found a good english resource if you'd like https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...338&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring-student)
    Hi, my predicted grades are on this post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...676&highlight= with more detail, only because I'm too lazy to type them up here haha and I also posted this thing because I found a good english resource if you'd like https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...338&highlight=
    Thx

ReputationRep:
    Currently it’s half term so it’s an opportunity so start off your revison.

The night before make a timetable (revision plan) of what u will do the next day, try and do an hour of each subject.

There are 3 sets in a day: morning afternoon and evening, try and do 2/3 of these sets with around 3/4 Hours in each set. I do morning and afternoon and relax in the evening after haunt done 6/7 hours revision

Make sure to have breaks perhaps after every hour for 10mins by getting some more water or getting your notes together for the next subject(this is what I doing obisouly not right now I’ve taken a bit of a detour from revison whoops aha). But when u do it like this it seems less chaotic and crammed, right now I’m trying to learn all 5 topic areas for my oral I know loads of people say don’t learn it all but still I want a back up.

ALSO REFER TO THE EXAM BOARDS EXCERCISE BOOK, everything in the exam will be in this book which is what a lot of students don’t realise.

Remember quiz let’s, flash cards , PRACTICE PAPERS a really good site is save my exams which produces exam questions for I each individual topics. So revise a topic then do one of these topic exam questions. I also find Corbett maths and maths watch especially really helpful for maths revision, watch out w Corbett maths topic questions, in the exam they are not as easy/like them.
    Wow I’ve written loads hope this helps!!!remeber to take a break in half term tho and use it for getting your **** together and that x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittyN)
    At GCSE I didn't start revising until the day before my first exam - don't do what I did

My sister is in year 11 now, and she's doing similar things to you guys. Our living room has a giant "themes in Journey's End" mindmap stuck on the wall - I feel like I know it quite well now although I've never read the book!

She's also bought a whiteboard, which she's been using for maths + compsci practice. It would probably be cheaper to use a paper and pencil but she likes doing it this way.
    How did it go?

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.