Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Got 1st year of level 3 qualification, what can i do with it? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have got 1st year of level 3 certificate for Construction and Built Environment. Unfortunately due to some personal issues i couldn't' carry on. what can i do with that qualification that will allow me to go into uni in one year time. Because obviously I don't want to do 2 years again. I would really appreciate your help Thank you.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by arif_62)
    Hi i have got 1st year of level 3 certificate for Construction and Built Environment. Unfortunately due to some personal issues i couldn't' carry on. what can i do with that qualification that will allow me to go into uni in one year time. Because obviously I don't want to do 2 years again. I would really appreciate your help Thank you.
    Go and see a careers adviser to try and find a way forward.
    It may be possible to cash out the qualification or transfer the credits into another course or take it somewhere else.

If thats not possible, then yiou may have to do an Access course.

By itself one year of a BTEC will be insufficient to get you into uni.
    There are very limited options that last one year that would give you sufficient study credits to get into uni. the only one I can think of is an Access course, but they are expensive and you may not be old enough.

If you are still under 18, then reconsider just starting a fresh course at college for free. Courses dont stat again until September.

Go and see a careers adviser. You can also mention what your personal circumstances were as that can have a bearing on your options.

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ontact-us/home

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.