The Student Room Group

getting into med school

would a medicine 3 day taster course at cambridge help me towards getting into med school
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous-112
would a medicine 3 day taster course at cambridge help me towards getting into med school

No
Original post by S.G.
No

why not?
Reply 3
why not?

Why would it?

Look at entry requirements and see what’s required. Because you have a taster day it’s not going to boost your application by much. You might have a sentence about it in your personal statement, but it isn’t anything major or important.
its not exactly a taster tho its like a pre med 3 day course for 16 yr olds abd med school is competitive they look for extra and ambition and enthusiasm
Original post by S.G.
Why would it?

Look at entry requirements and see what’s required. Because you have a taster day it’s not going to boost your application by much. You might have a sentence about it in your personal statement, but it isn’t anything major or important.
Reply 5
its not exactly a taster tho its like a pre med 3 day course for 16 yr olds abd med school is competitive they look for extra and ambition and enthusiasm

You can do it if you want, but like I said it’s not going to make a major difference. I know medical school is competitive. It’s up to you at the end of the day.

Your UKCAT and other academics, and work experience are of far greater importance.
Depends what you get out of it and how you reflect on that in your personal statement and at interview. It's not a replacement for work experience though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending