username3736308
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
would a medicine 3 day taster course at cambridge help me towards getting into med school
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous-112)
would a medicine 3 day taster course at cambridge help me towards getting into med school
No
username3736308
Rep:
?
(Original post by S.G.)
No
why not?
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
why not?
Why would it?

Look at entry requirements and see what’s required. Because you have a taster day it’s not going to boost your application by much. You might have a sentence about it in your personal statement, but it isn’t anything major or important.
username3736308
Rep:
?
its not exactly a taster tho its like a pre med 3 day course for 16 yr olds abd med school is competitive they look for extra and ambition and enthusiasm
(Original post by S.G.)
Why would it?

Look at entry requirements and see what’s required. Because you have a taster day it’s not going to boost your application by much. You might have a sentence about it in your personal statement, but it isn’t anything major or important.
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
its not exactly a taster tho its like a pre med 3 day course for 16 yr olds abd med school is competitive they look for extra and ambition and enthusiasm
You can do it if you want, but like I said it’s not going to make a major difference. I know medical school is competitive. It’s up to you at the end of the day.

Your UKCAT and other academics, and work experience are of far greater importance.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends what you get out of it and how you reflect on that in your personal statement and at interview. It's not a replacement for work experience though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (4)
4.3%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.05%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (18)
19.35%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
10.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
32.26%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (17)
18.28%

Watched Threads