Turn on thread page Beta

19+ advanced learner loan? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for foundation year degrees starting September and have a few offers, however I'm now considering doing an access to HE course instead as it will end up being much more financially reasonable for me:

1. Does the 19+ advanced learner loan usually cover the entire cost of HE courses?

2. Will the fact that I have offers from UCAS for foundation year degrees affect my eligibility? (I've not accepted any offers, and of course will not be applying for student finance if I end up doing the access course).

Thank you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The advanced learner loan only covers course fees. You do not get anything towards living costs.

A ucas application does not affect eligibility.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by gamendes)
    I've applied for foundation year degrees starting September and have a few offers, however I'm now considering doing an access to HE course instead as it will end up being much more financially reasonable for me:

1. Does the 19+ advanced learner loan usually cover the entire cost of HE courses?

2. Will the fact that I have offers from UCAS for foundation year degrees affect my eligibility? (I've not accepted any offers, and of course will not be applying for student finance if I end up doing the access course).

Thank you
    Hi gamendes,

Advanced Learner Loans are repayable, non means tested (not based on the household income) fee loans for all eligible persons aged 19 or over, who wish to undertake courses at Level 3 or above at a College or Training Organisation in England.

You do not need a confirmed place on a course to make an application, apply for your Advanced Learner Loan now and can cancel if decide against it.

For more information contact the Advanced Learner Loans Team

Tel: 0300 100 0619
    (Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday. Local call rates apply).

Regards Rona

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.