Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hate my nose so much... watch

Announcements

Hey, I'm an 18-year-old female and I've hated my nose for quite a while to be honest. I don't know when I started to notice my nose, but I have refused to take part in group photos / photos for many years because of it! I have my dad's nose and I hate it. I have a huge bulbous tip and I believe that it is also sort of wide. It looks totally out of place compared to the rest of my face (I'd say I have a small face), especially in pictures!I know the first thing is going to be 'if you hate it so much then why not get plastic surgery?' Yes, I know. I've been researching it for a while. I've never had any surgeries in my life so I'm really scared. I've heard that it hurts A LOT after the procedure and you don't really see final results until possibly a year after or so after the recovery. I mean I don't care about that, but it could also not turn out the way I want it to which is the main thing I'm worried about.In addition to hating my nose, I also have a deviated septum which I believe makes it harder for me to breath sometimes (especially recently I've noticed). I would occasionally wake up at night and feel as if I haven't been breathing. And.... I don't have the money for the surgery anyway. I feel as if many people (guys) are turned off by my nose. I have had some people (girls) make comments about it which made me feel even more insecure. I know it shouldn't be my problem if guys don't give me a chance just because of my nose, but it's not just about the guys. I really want to feel better about myself. I'm just stuck, I don't know what to do at all. I feel like crap every day. I just want to know if anyone has gotten Rhinoplasty done and if they could tell me the after-effects and if they were happy with the results. If anyone else has any other advice, I will appreciate it.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I might be wrong, but can't you get corrective surgery done on the NHS, like for your deviated septum? One less problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeekie12)
    Hey, I'm an 18-year-old female and I've hated my nose for quite a while to be honest. I don't know when I started to notice my nose, but I have refused to take part in group photos / photos for many years because of it! I have my dad's nose and I hate it. I have a huge bulbous tip and I believe that it is also sort of wide. It looks totally out of place compared to the rest of my face (I'd say I have a small face), especially in pictures!I know the first thing is going to be 'if you hate it so much then why not get plastic surgery?' Yes, I know. I've been researching it for a while. I've never had any surgeries in my life so I'm really scared. I've heard that it hurts A LOT after the procedure and you don't really see final results until possibly a year after or so after the recovery. I mean I don't care about that, but it could also not turn out the way I want it to which is the main thing I'm worried about.In addition to hating my nose, I also have a deviated septum which I believe makes it harder for me to breath sometimes (especially recently I've noticed). I would occasionally wake up at night and feel as if I haven't been breathing. And.... I don't have the money for the surgery anyway. I feel as if many people (guys) are turned off by my nose. I have had some people (girls) make comments about it which made me feel even more insecure. I know it shouldn't be my problem if guys don't give me a chance just because of my nose, but it's not just about the guys. I really want to feel better about myself. I'm just stuck, I don't know what to do at all. I feel like crap every day. I just want to know if anyone has gotten Rhinoplasty done and if they could tell me the after-effects and if they were happy with the results. If anyone else has any other advice, I will appreciate it.
    The NHS should give you reconstruction surgery if your divided septum makes it difficult to breath.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.