Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, I'm an 18-year-old female and I've hated my nose for quite a while to be honest. I don't know when I started to notice my nose, but I have refused to take part in group photos / photos for many years because of it! I have my dad's nose and I hate it. I have a huge bulbous tip and I believe that it is also sort of wide. It looks totally out of place compared to the rest of my face (I'd say I have a small face), especially in pictures!I know the first thing is going to be 'if you hate it so much then why not get plastic surgery?' Yes, I know. I've been researching it for a while. I've never had any surgeries in my life so I'm really scared. I've heard that it hurts A LOT after the procedure and you don't really see final results until possibly a year after or so after the recovery. I mean I don't care about that, but it could also not turn out the way I want it to which is the main thing I'm worried about.In addition to hating my nose, I also have a deviated septum which I believe makes it harder for me to breath sometimes (especially recently I've noticed). I would occasionally wake up at night and feel as if I haven't been breathing. And.... I don't have the money for the surgery anyway. I feel as if many people (guys) are turned off by my nose. I have had some people (girls) make comments about it which made me feel even more insecure. I know it shouldn't be my problem if guys don't give me a chance just because of my nose, but it's not just about the guys. I really want to feel better about myself. I'm just stuck, I don't know what to do at all. I feel like crap every day. I just want to know if anyone has gotten Rhinoplasty done and if they could tell me the after-effects and if they were happy with the results. If anyone else has any other advice, I will appreciate it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I might be wrong, but can't you get corrective surgery done on the NHS, like for your deviated septum? One less problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeekie12)
    Hey, I'm an 18-year-old female and I've hated my nose for quite a while to be honest. I don't know when I started to notice my nose, but I have refused to take part in group photos / photos for many years because of it! I have my dad's nose and I hate it. I have a huge bulbous tip and I believe that it is also sort of wide. It looks totally out of place compared to the rest of my face (I'd say I have a small face), especially in pictures!I know the first thing is going to be 'if you hate it so much then why not get plastic surgery?' Yes, I know. I've been researching it for a while. I've never had any surgeries in my life so I'm really scared. I've heard that it hurts A LOT after the procedure and you don't really see final results until possibly a year after or so after the recovery. I mean I don't care about that, but it could also not turn out the way I want it to which is the main thing I'm worried about.In addition to hating my nose, I also have a deviated septum which I believe makes it harder for me to breath sometimes (especially recently I've noticed). I would occasionally wake up at night and feel as if I haven't been breathing. And.... I don't have the money for the surgery anyway. I feel as if many people (guys) are turned off by my nose. I have had some people (girls) make comments about it which made me feel even more insecure. I know it shouldn't be my problem if guys don't give me a chance just because of my nose, but it's not just about the guys. I really want to feel better about myself. I'm just stuck, I don't know what to do at all. I feel like crap every day. I just want to know if anyone has gotten Rhinoplasty done and if they could tell me the after-effects and if they were happy with the results. If anyone else has any other advice, I will appreciate it.
    The NHS should give you reconstruction surgery if your divided septum makes it difficult to breath.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.