The Student Room Group

Worried

I’ve got my GCSEs coming up in 3/4 months and I’m scared that these will affect my applications to universities in the future.

All exams I have taken have never been permanent (as in never going to be shown on my cv) and I’m worried that if I just get decent marks it won’t be enough for Ivy League schools.

I’m predicted to get mostly A’s, a B, and 3/4 A*’s but I’m not sure if that’s enough for say Harvard (legit I would kill to get into their engineering school)
Are you living in the UK or USA?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Are you living in the UK or USA?

UK which makes me especially worried cause US schools are said to expect higher marks from the UK
Original post by Eleanorroseb
UK which makes me especially worried cause US schools are said to expect higher marks from the UK

I suggest talking to someone at your school you knows about applying to international universities. You have to do other tests and exams to get into / apply to US universities, so make sure you do plenty of research. Also, I assume you know about funding for studying in the USA too. Good luck.
Reply 4
I'm in the same position as you with my exams in 3/4 months and putting a lot of pressure on myself to get good grades. However, one thing I've learnt is that if you ever get worried/ stressed about exams, do some studying. Seriously, sticking your head in a book really helps to distract you whilst also giving you all the benefits of revision. Once I've finished a study session I feel so much more productive and motivated, not to mention the massive drop in stress/ anxiety levels. So my advise to you is that all the time you spend worrying over exams, you could be going through some flashcards, taking some notes etc. Dont waste any of your time! Good luck, now go do some revision :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest