The Student Room Group

Long distance relationship problem

Scroll to see replies

Can I just say that I find it slightly sad that you’re the only one considering moving? If you guys want it to work you both need to compromise. Otherwise there will just be a lot of regret and if it doesn’t work out you’ll always be like “damn I left my family for you”.
I think the only solution is to find a place where you both would comprise something yet still have each other and that’s what matters?
Reply 21
Original post by rsmccune
Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion 😂

With my brain
Original post by rsmccune
I have a big family and we see each other almost everyday, his family is just his mum and sister so even though it may not sound it, when I’m over there it’s a massive difference. I know all the things I don’t want to leave he’d be missing too if he moved but he’s already made the decision not to for those reasons. The education system is very very different and results here are much higher than england every year and I’d rather my kids have a NI culture if possible rather than look down on NI like they would growing up in England. He’s very accepted over here, when I go over there people are quite condescending about the fact I’m from NI. You can get a nicer house here for the same money which would be a future consideration but right now we couldn’t afford anywhere at all over there as I can’t get a proper job yet and the difference in wage is nowhere near the difference in living costs (we’ve researched it all). He won’t come to Boston for the nine months because he’s started a new job before Christmas and wants to stay and work his way up even though Boston won’t be for another year anyway.

Fair enough regarding the education if you feel that way. But it goes both ways honestly regarding people looking down as the few times I mention I'm from England I get dirty looks or peoples attitudes change towards me. Also, from what you've told everyone your partner doesn't want to leave England and while you still have around two years left until you graduate if he isn't planning on moving then if you still want to be with him you either bite the bullet and move. Just search for good schools as I'm sure there are loads just as there are bad ones around where you'd want to live. Alternatively, give him an ultimatum he moves to your place and you state the reasons why and he agrees or you guys split as there is no real future where you guys are together and you're just wasting each others time. Either way wish you guys luck.
Original post by Nerry
With my brain

Why though? 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending