Turn on thread page Beta

am i sexually unattractive? watch

Announcements

there's this guy who is known (according to my friend) for asking nudes. He asked my friend for no-strings attached sex, and is apparently known for trying to bang many girls. This guy is my friend, and when we talk, he is very respectful. He's called me pretty, nice, talented, beautiful and is honestly a very encouraging and supportive person. NOTE: he's never called me "hot", but he does to other girls. And he has yet to ask me for sex. just 2 days ago i sent him a picture of me in my bra and he said, "send me more pics like this", and I said, "you mean nudes?" and he said, "Noooo I have morals".

so i'm wondering if i ask him for sex, and he turns me down, while having wanting sex with OTHER girls in the past, does that mean i'm sexually unattractive?

correction, he said, "you're good to look at, but i have morals"

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he sees you as more of a sister/innocent woman in his life and probably doesn't want to ruin that? You shouldn't think your unattractive as he's called you good to look at, pretty etc etc. Plus, never base your worth on what some guy thinks about you, but that goes without saying.
    I don't know whats really going on but it sounds like he respects you a lot and if anything he likes you more than the girls he casually has sex with.

ReputationRep:
    wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    wtf
    LMAO I had the same reaction. This thread is unintentional comedic gold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    there's this guy who is known (according to my friend) for asking nudes. He asked my friend for no-strings attached sex, and is apparently known for trying to bang many girls. This guy is my friend, and when we talk, he is very respectful. He's called me pretty, nice, talented, beautiful and is honestly a very encouraging and supportive person. NOTE: he's never called me "hot", but he does to other girls. And he has yet to ask me for sex. just 2 days ago i sent him a picture of me in my bra and he said, "send me more pics like this", and I said, "you mean nudes?" and he said, "Noooo I have morals".

so i'm wondering if i ask him for sex, and he turns me down, while having wanting sex with OTHER girls in the past, does that mean i'm sexually unattractive?
    Its a really dumb idea sending nude pics to anyone because:

1. You may be Ok with the person seeing you like this in the moment, but they could potentially have these pictures forever. When one day you are settled down, do you still want someone you're no longer into to still have nude pictures of you? How would you like it if someone you knew had naked pictures of your partner? Etc.

2. Once that person has a picture of you, they could share it amongst other people. The pictures could even get out against their will. Do you want to potentially risk almost anyone seeing you in your underwear or nude? What exactly would you do if someone tried to blackmail you using the pictures?

Do you want to advertise yourself as girlfriend material, or do you want to advertise yourself as an easy lay? Are you looking for sex or a relationship with this guy?
    Actions like this will affect guys impression of what you're looking for (and I'm guessing that another "easy/casual hook-up" is not what you're gunning for with this friend?).

Despite what he says about morality, the guy clearly has very few hang-ups about sex (etc). You seem to be under the illusion though that because he is a good friend, that he must mean that he makes a good partner. However these can be two very different things (and you very well know what he is like with other girls when it comes to sexual relations-you know he isn't interested in pursuing serious relationships with girls). And sex can jeopardize friendships (so is it worth risking the friendship for?).

For the record: Just because someone doesn't want to get with you, does not mean that they don't find you sexually attractive. You may simply not be their type enough (nobody is everyone's type!) or he may simply value the friendship that he has with you much more (etc). But jumping to the conclusion that you must be a sexually unattractive person just because one individual you like isn't interested in seeing you naked, is daft.

Don't try to validate yourself based on other people's approval. Its not a healthy thing to do (and will leave you with very shaky self-esteem). Confidence comes from within. You need to learn to like yourself with or without the approval of other people (rather than liking yourself only with the approval of other people).

If you want to better hope to attract the right sort of guy in life, then you need to make sure you lay down some standards for them to climb before they can get to you. Otherwise, where is your quality control over the sort of people who you allow to get close to you? When it comes to matters of the heart, you need to be careful (for your own sake and others).
    Don't make yourself too easy: letting someone see what you look like you naked shouldn't be something you desperately throw at them to get their attention, but something you allow them to see after they have proven themselves worthy of it (and the feelings definitely very mutual).

It sounds like this guy has only ever expressed interest in you as a good friend. If he expressed a different sort of interest in you simply after seeing nudey/naked pictures of you, then what do you think he would actually now suddenly be interested in; no-strings attached sex (with yet another girl) or a relationship?
    Because such pictures don't send the message of "Will you go out with me?", they say "I'm up for some fun (are you?)!".

If he was interested in pursuing a serious relationship with you, then this would have become apparent without needing the aid of pictures. You don't need to send such pictures to a guy to get him interested in you like that (and its never wise to send such pictures to people in general).
    THINK before you send any naked or near-naked pictures to anyone. These days a lot of people do this sort of thing, but remember that there is also nothing common about sense.

ReputationRep:

When the school pervert wants to make friends and he picks the one person that wants to get in.
    Tbh it's hard to tell his reasons but maybe he wants something different from you. Possibly he respects you more than them. Or maybe even it's how he plays his games. If so, it's clearly working.

ReputationRep:

Uh OK then

So I suppose if you do ask him for sex and he says yes, well then crack on, if he says no then he probably doesn't want to.......yet.

ReputationRep:
    The short story is; it doesn't matter.

There's a difference between the girls he ****s and you. You have already clarified the answer-he respects you. End of.

You see some girls literally have nothing going for them (same with some ****boys). There only advantage to other woman is their looks. As guys these girls are really just mere sex objects, to **** and leave-which is why usually the most popular good looking girls never have a long term relationship, rather on and of with multiple people

You probably have something going for you. Whether your clever, beautiful, fit and healthy, have talent, witty, funny humorous or all the above-some quality that makes your (****boy) friend here respect you, which is why he hasn't exploited you (Well, we can say you being intelligent is out the options because you sent someone ****ing nudes because your so self-conscious).

That's it really. Guys aren't complicated. Its not that deep.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.