The Student Room Group

Date ideas.

I think I'm ready to start courting, I'm wondering what are good first date and general date ideas.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

The cinema is both romantic and casual
Reply 2
Original post by MollyevansUK

Thanks
Reply 3
A good date is doing something you will both enjoy. A first date is generally the "getting to know each other" type of date so you should pick something where you can talk easily. Coffee shops, bars, restaurants and parks usually fit very well.

Original post by MollyevansUK

As long as you go for dinner afterwards, otherwise you won't have an opportunity to talk and get to know each other more.
Since they won’t know each other well, a formal date will turn awkward pretty quickly when they have nothing to say
Reply 5
Cinema is a bad idea, because although it's nice to watch a film, you're sitting in silence for a few hours.
Hit up a costa coffee / starbucks, grab a drink, and chat. Research some conversation starters if that's not your strong point, and go from there.
Hope it goes well.
Reply 6
Original post by Adz2042
Cinema is a bad idea, because although it's nice to watch a film, you're sitting in silence for a few hours.
Hit up a costa coffee / starbucks, grab a drink, and chat. Research some conversation starters if that's not your strong point, and go from there.
Hope it goes well.

Thank You
Where do you live, User909? Don't need your post code. Just the city ot town you live in. Or the county if you're out in the sticks.
Reply 8
It all depends on your money situation, my boyfriend and me never have any money really or at least we try to budget: depending how close you are/ personalities here’s a list of cheap / free things-

1) skating, or teaching them to skate
2) going for walks to nice areas
3) going online and playing games
4) similar to 3, play board games
5) Wetherspoons! Student central, nice and cheap and overall a decent place!
6) cinema deals- 2-for-1 is never a turn off
Reply 9
1) food. Girls love food.
2) a walk around a nice area, maybe one she’s never been to before
3) coffee
4) cinema but go to dinner after
5) bowling is cheesy but fun!! I’d never turn down a bowling date
take her to a haunted house
Original post by UWS
A good date is doing something you will both enjoy. parks usually fit very well.

but there's birds and homeless people at the park. And they try to eat your food...both the birds and the homeless people. I tend to share though, but it might startle the girl you're with.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
take her to a haunted house
A variation is to go pretend house hunting.

Find the most interesting property for sale near to you and go and look at it together. If it's a 10 bedroomed mansion or country estate, ideally do it during an open day.
Reply 13
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Where do you live, User909? Don't need your post code. Just the city ot town you live in. Or the county if you're out in the sticks.

Carlisle
You won't get a date if you use the phrase 'courting'
you sound like you own a waistcoat
(edited 6 years ago)
Mini golf! Honestly this is one of the best dates I have ever been on! It’s casual, breaks the ice, you can chat as you go round, it’s hilarious! Maybe dinner after wards?
Take her to the bedroom😏

I mean Starbucks offcourse
Cinema is probably the best option, just remember, if you also invite your date for dinner/something to eat, go after the film. That way you'll have a lot to talk about and it won't be awkward!

https://greatist.com/play/first-date-ideas
Reply 19
Original post by Bang Outta Order
but there's birds and homeless people at the park. And they try to eat your food...both the birds and the homeless people. I tend to share though, but it might startle the girl you're with.

I have had the strangest vision of me and this girl being chased by a flock of homeless people and birds!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending