Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where should I start? Key words or exam technique? My teacher said my grade doesn't reflect me, so I'm not dropping it.

ReputationRep:
    I got a D in the mock I did 2 months before my real AS exam and managed to come out with an A, now I'm in my second year I've had more experience with this frustrating subject. I'm not sure what level you're at or what exam board you're on but I'll try offer some advice. I think the biggest annoyance with biology is that if you don't write exactly what the exam board wants you don't get the mark, which is really annoying. I'd start with key words and definitions because they're important in order to understand the content. Then I'd go onto exam technique; practice as many questions from your text book, revision guide and past papers. Practising past papers is useful to see what kind of context questions be put in and helps you be able to recognise what bit of the spec the questions are wanting you to answer from. Hope this helps at least a bit.

ReputationRep:
    do past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Memorise all the content and past exam paper answers. Walk into the exam, write down what you know and hope for the best.

Biology is annoying like that.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, you've made me feel a bit better I know- that's exactly my problem. I think I'll start writing out all of the key words and look at mark schemes. My board is AQA btw

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 10, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.